Trail ride 2.12.22 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
At the last meeting we discussed joining CLCC on their trip to the Harrisonburg area and go up Flagpole Knob. It is looking more and more like they will go the weekend after. I have to work so the 12th works for me. I suggested letting any of the guys from CLCC meet up with us that can not make the other weekends. I know it is the Super Bowl but I am suggesting going up for the day. Meet up there about 8 am and get on the trail by 9am. There may be traffic as it is a popular area. We may also have snow pack as well and we will have to keep an eye on the weather.

Please post up if this weekend works for you and you can make it. It should be possible in a stockish vehicle.

I am still waiting on updates from SV4WD

Here is the list so far:

matzell
@JohnVee--OUT
@ShenValley100LC
@davidp14
@bkfj40 - may join up later in day
Dennis- Richmond guy with token Jeep! - OUT
@afgman786
@BullRunOverland

I am leaning towards meeting at Ottobine Elementary School Springs at 8:30 and going up Union Springs to pick up @ShenValley100LC , Flagpole and down Switzer.

Last edited:
Darn. That sounds fun but I have a ski trip planned that weekend. Definitely tuned in for other upcoming trips though!

Super Bowl is on Sunday, Feb 13.

Also, it's starting to look good for me to make this trip. I'll be staying overnight Friday since I'll be on my way north from NC.
Wheel on Saturday and watch the Super Bowl on Sunday, who could ask for a better weekend?

@matzell are you bringing the race car or the blue 40? I cant damage my truck that much again following the race car, I just got most of it fixed. I'm tentatively in for 12th as long my wife isn't in labor. What route are you guys planning to go? Go up Union Springs to Flagpole?

I am bringing the blue one. I need to check with BK and see which way he wants to go.

You got all that damage on the easy trail!!! haha

So I found a video on how Jeeps do Flagpole.....

WHY?

So I found a video on how Jeeps do Flagpole.....

WHY?

Probably took them 9 hours to get to the top there with all the camera brakes. Also looks like they didn't film any of the remotely interesting parts of the trail, just like three shallow puddles.

I think I'm in for this trail, but I may be heading part way up the trail and camping Friday with my boys and then I'll join your convoy as you come by in the morning. Assuming you guys are coming up Union Springs to the top and then down Switzer....

Today and tomorrow is 55 degrees and raining (so maybe 45 on the mountain) I imagine that will wipe out a fair bit of the snow.

Update:

I have talked with SV4WD and they are planning a run up the same day. They have scouts up there today to check out the trails. Still snow and ice spots. I will post up later tonight with more details. I will also update the first post with details on meeting place and time. I want to see which way other groups are going up so maybe we do not get stuck in a big line. They are thinking 10 rigs in their group.

Please post up if you are going to make this run and I will get a list going on the first post as well.

Thanks
Rob

Pic says it all.....yes Virginia those are 44's!

37" of snow on Flagpole today! Several spots where the guys had to winch through. This rig has a 6.0 engine, one ton axles and 44" tires and is very light. He told me he struggles on several spots. I am not sure how much will melt this week, but may freeze each night????

8FBA1DA5-EF14-4044-AE2E-9A05FDE0351A.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like I'll need to slap my MTs on before Saturday.. this mean you're bringing race truck to offer towing services? Haha

Pic says it all.....yes Virginia those are 44's!

37" of snow on Flagpole today! Several spots where the guys had to winch through. This rig has a 6.0 engine, one ton axles and 44" tires and is very light. He told me he struggles on several spots. I am not sure how much will melt this week, but may freeze each night????

View attachment 2916860
wait....is this a joke....

Looks like I'll need to slap my MTs on before Saturday.. this mean you're bringing race truck to offer towing services? Haha
Too cold for that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom