Tracy City-August 15 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's easy, we're (us Ga Cruisers) meeting at the Flying J at 9 AM EST and then driving to Tracy City to meet up with the Damn Locals at 9AM CST (or 10 EST) as we cross into a different time zone.

ever heard of truck lag?

Ahhh... monumental brain fart, my apologies :flipoff2:, :beer:.

I cannot remember whether we cross into the central time zone. at the tracy city area. Does anyone know?

Gonna be kinda tough to meet them at 9:00 am in Tennessee when we're meeting at the Flying J in Georgia at 9:00 am.

One person needs to let us all know WTF is going on and where :beer:.

It's easy, we're (us Ga Cruisers) meeting at the Flying J at 9 AM EST and then driving to Tracy City to meet up with the Damn Locals at 9AM CST (or 10 EST) as we cross into a different time zone.

ever heard of truck lag?
I would have to have a time machine to get my fj from resaca to tracy in an hour.:p i would suggest you meet up with ben in mounteagle just off the interstate so no one gets lost on the back roads to T.C. i'll wait for the group on the road leading into the trail.

Yep we do, see post #40

Last edited:
I would have to have a time machine to get my fj from resaca to tracy in an hour.:p i would suggest you meet up with ben in mounteagle just off the interstate so no one gets lost on the back roads to T.C. i'll wait for the group on the road leading into the trail.

Going on info from another member says Resaca to Tracy is about 45 mins but that doesn't look right from Google, hmmmm.

Most of the trails are make them as hard as you want. There will be harder stuff to play on along the same route as the smaller rigs run. If the creek bed is dry them some can run it while the other bunches follows the trail beside it. One of the guys sent me a PM and said he would meet me at the Save O Lot in Tracy City. It is just across from the road that I use to get to the Cove. If we have enough that would like we can do 2 groups. Just what ever your guys want to do when y'all get there. Ours rigs range from 35 MT to 44Boggers. so we can do what ever. This ride is for y'all to enjoy. If you don't think what we do Saturday is Hard enough we can fix that on Sunday.

Hey Benji - Just talked to Brent, I may be able to make this and help out some. I wouldn't mind tail gunning so Andrea can get some more seat time driving the Tundra without holding the group up. Plus, I still need to get a pre-run in before the SETO event anyways.

Last edited:
I can meet y'all where ever. If you ain't there by 9am Central time (my time) I will wait. I'm not going to run off and leave no one. We (the Damnlocals) are here to make sure that y'all have a good ride.

It looks like an 1hr 20 min or 89 miles. Seems off, but close.... or is that a dichotomy?

Going on info from another member says Resaca to Tracy is about 45 mins but that doesn't look right from Google, hmmmm.

I also meant to tell y'all that Brent said he was game for camping. If y'all want to camp bring your stuff with you.

dichotomy?

That there is a big ole' werd fur us simple folk! :flipoff2:

Amongst many other possible definitions dichotomy is to "represent the yin yang theories of traditional Chinese culture." However, in Andrew's usage it could also mean : something with seemingly contradictory qualities. Just thought I'd help out!

either way, that's our English lesson for the evening. :banana::banana:

I also meant to tell y'all that Brent said he was game for camping. If y'all want to camp bring your stuff with you.

fill in some details for us, I have been planning on driving up Sat morning but might consiser camping Friday night. A long shot but perhaps.

Me nor Brent will be there Friday night. We are both coming from the other side of the mountain Saturday morning. If ya'll want me to meet you at the truckstop at exit135 I-24 then I can do that. If not take a right follow it around till you see the sign that says hwy 41. towards Tracy City. This road it on the right next to a park. If you see the popo station then you went to far. The next sign for 41 will take you into Manchester. I know it is a little crazy but after all it is Tennessee. The road that loops around between exits on the interstate is 41A. Once you get into Tracy City you can either pull into the parking lot on your left just past the first stop light. Or you can turn right at the second light (following 41) and the Stop at the BP station. (Save o Lot parking lot) This is where I will be meeting some folks. Brent is talking about camping Saturday night. I'm not sure if I will be staying to ride Sunday or night. After we all get together will will figure out what all ya'll want to ride and go from there.

it is 1.5 to 1.75 hrs from resaca to tracy city in a trail truck, done it plenty of times before,, PLAN ACCORDINGLY!!!

Yea, it's all good. from what i can tell the wheeling more than makes up for the slightly longer distance.

If y'all want to make the meeting time 10am (central time), thats fine or y'all can move your meeting time. I don't care either way. I think we have enough trails to fill what ever time you have to wheel.

I would definately be up for camping fri night if anyone else
is interested. Not sure if the boss will give me a kitchen pass
for sat night, but will try if that is only opportunity.

All I know is if I get my truck up to 88 mph, lightning strikes and the flux capacitor does not short out, I should not have a problem....:)

We can be there whatever time we need to be.

Have a good day. The area has a lot of interesting and challenging trails, plus the D___ Locals are good guides for the area. It will be worth the drive. Tomorrow is move day for the older girls as they return to Athens for the start of a new school year, so Melissa and I won't be enjoying any trails this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom