Toyota V12 into 105 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys

I'm busy fitting a V12 into a 100GX Cruiser. It is being fitted with a 6 speed auto box and two T3/T4 turbos. We'll keep boost to .4. Has anybody here fitted a V12 into a 100 or and 80 series? Does anybody have some experience with the V12's and / or putting turbo's on one?

Dion

DUDE , i know im gonna love it
i think you are the first one to do so

Check the Saudi Land Cruiser forums, I'm sure they've done it.

If it will fit into a IS200, I am sure it's doable...with quite a bit of cutting.

Lexus-IS500-V12-Project-Groundzero-2-610x457.jpg

Where would you go about finding one of these Toyota V12 engines?

If it will fit into a IS200, I am sure it's doable...with quite a bit of cutting.

Lexus-IS500-V12-Project-Groundzero-2-610x457.jpg

Assuming the engine that's merely hanging in front of the IS200 actually fit into the IS200, I would imagine the driving characteristics of that car would be akin to a fully loaded, rocket powered forklift.

Thi guy is trollin

What gives you that impression? I don't see it.

The Toyota V12 is a relatively small and light engine and shares many components with the V8's so spares should not be a problems. AFAIK this is the 3rd one in South Africa and as one of them was run without oil and spares for the rebuild was not a problem I'm not too concerned about the unit being very scares.

I'll post a pic of the first fitment to measure the mountings and gearbox to transfer adapter later today, can't do it from this iThing

Sorry not awake yet and fingers not listening to the bit of brains left, make that "scarce", availability will then not be so scary.

Saw one of these for sale on a forum from a couple years ago. Had a computer for each bank of cylinders and could run on one bank if the other had a problem.
Lots of torque at low rpm. Sold for $3400. Another on ebay sold for $4850. with trans.

Okay. I'll say it. I don't get it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE these projects. But what does the V12 give you that the V8 doesn't? More power? More torque? Better mileage? Lower weight? The answer to each of those is NO. So, what's the advantage that justifies the extraordinary time and expense? For far less work and investment, you could achieve the same, if not better, results with the current engine. If it was a diesel, I could get my hear around it, but trading a proven durable V8 for a V12 that was never designed for the application? :confused:

I think just the cool factor outweighs your laundry list of practical factors.

Inventive people are the ones that drive society forward and the practical ones don't. I see your practical...

Okay. I'll say it. I don't get it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE these projects. But what does the V12 give you that the V8 doesn't? More power? More torque? Better mileage? Lower weight? The answer to each of those is NO. So, what's the advantage that justifies the extraordinary time and expense? For far less work and investment, you could achieve the same, if not better, results with the current engine. If it was a diesel, I could get my hear around it, but trading a proven durable V8 for a V12 that was never designed for the application? :confused:

I’m with you on that, but I think it’s pretty cool to see someone going on a different route . I wish him luck . people laughed at Newton when he said earth is not the center of universe . :beer:

I think just the cool factor outweighs your laundry list of practical factors.

Inventive people are the ones that drive society forward and the practical ones don't. I see your practical...

Hey, if any of us were practical, we wouldn't be driving a 6000lb, AWD, V8 powered land tank that gets 14mpg. :cheers:

I'm simply saying that if I were going to drop thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours putting a V12 into my truck, I'd much prefer channeling that time and money into something else that really made a difference. Because, in the end, a V12 is just going to be four more cylinders with no tangible advantage.

With that said, it's an awesome project. Go for it. :popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom