Toyota OE Remanufactured CV Axle Part Number (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

is that with a core?

Yeah I’m interested in this as well. Keep us posted

Sounds pretty rad to me!

My passenger side inner boot cracked and started spitting grease today, I'd just reboot it again but noticed some clicking this summer so this may be the route I go. Any chance these are just Cardones being sold by the dealer?

Last edited:
I know I should just buy 2 new OEM axles and call it a day, but the cash saved on the remans buys a lot of FJ40 parts. ;)
40 >>> 100 every day of the week. You’re making the right decision.

40 >>> 100 every day of the week. You’re making the right decision.

Unless it's cold out and I want the heated seats, but otherwise, we see eye to eye on this. I'm going to call the local dealers tomorrow and see what happens. I'll let you all know how it works out.

@Ironsides, let us know how they look when yours arrive.

I'm also very interested in seeing pictures of the OE reman'd ones.

I've known for some time now, from calling my local Toyota dealer, that they offered remanufactured ones. But I believe the parts counter guy told me they were a frankenstein of aftermarket and OEM parts so I went the route of rebuilding mine.

My passenger side inner boot cracked and started spitting grease today, I'd just reboot it again but noticed some clicking this summer so this may be the route I go. Any chance these are just Cardones being sold by the dealer?

Cardone version has a different part number and they are not reman. 00016-AX185, more info here.

Called the dealer this morning, no stock showing in the US and just under 200 already on order waiting for inventory. @Ironsides, you may be waiting for awhile unless my parts guy was off base.

I think I'll just reboot and deal with the clicking until things get worse.

Just a heads up to anyone.. I called my local dealer and was told the same thing. Theres about 150-200 on order probably sitting on a container ship, however, there’s a wait list of about 200 orders.

My parts guy did tell me that there are a few dealerships on the west coast that have them in stock and provided me their locations and phone numbers.

I called around, confirmed they have inventory, and since they weren’t willing to ship call-in orders they directed me to their Toyota site where I can place the order. The parts guy said it’s cheaper there and they are currently offering a coupon code for free shipping on orders over $200.

I placed an order for (2) after all 3 parts guys I talked to confirmed that the axles are all rebuilt by Toyota or at least by a vendor using only OEM parts. No aftermarket parts or Frankensteining.

Total cost was $355 because I will not be returning my cores.

Called the dealer this morning, no stock showing in the US and just under 200 already on order waiting for inventory. @Ironsides, you may be waiting for awhile unless my parts guy was off base.

I think I'll just reboot and deal with the clicking until things get worse.

I am not in a rush but thank you for updating me!

Just a heads up to anyone.. I called my local dealer and was told the same thing. Theres about 150-200 on order probably sitting on a container ship, however, there’s a wait list of about 200 orders.

My parts guy did tell me that there are a few dealerships on the west coast that have them in stock and provided me their locations and phone numbers.

I called around, confirmed they have inventory, and since they weren’t willing to ship call-in orders they directed me to their Toyota site where I can place the order. The parts guy said it’s cheaper there and they are currently offering a coupon code for free shipping on orders over $200.

I placed an order for (2) after all 3 parts guys I talked to confirmed that the axles are all rebuilt by Toyota or at least by a vendor using only OEM parts. No aftermarket parts or Frankensteining.

Total cost was $355 because I will not be returning my cores.

Thanks for the update, let us know how they look like once you have them in hand. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom