1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GM Touchy steering wheel, random grinding/vibration from middle area of front end ,

Discussion in 'GM/Chevrolet' started by Thomas Courtney, Apr 20, 2017 at 12:24 AM.

1. Thomas Courtney

Thomas Courtney

I have a 2000 Grand Am GT, I've noticed a random front end grinding noise that does it in a pattern. It will grind 2 times in a row then stop , then a few seconds later same thing. I can feel it on the floor / brake & gas peddle. I'm almost certain it's not a wheel bearing. I'm concerned because if I hit bumps the car gets extremely lose and jolts enough that could make me lose control on a wet road..... I've hand complete front brakes done, I have continental 220/45/R17 tires,

Could this be the drive axle or Pinon steering ?
    Nothing in the break peddle when breaking for sound or vibration only at 120-130km/hr the car seems to get a bit lose and vibration starts but after 130

2. PAToyota

PAToyota Keystone Cruisers SILVER Star

I’d jack the front end up and start looking for play in the wheels and steering.