TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We received this email for our business today - sounds like a pretty good deal - 17M pounds from a German financier who uses the word "huge" to describe the assets of my "uncle" Hyun.

Please keep this between us as I wouldn't want the secret nature of this to get out!

I'm gonna buy another Cruiser gentlemen!!!

HSBC BANK PAYMENT NOTIFICATION !!! Mr.Steve Beddow, Risk Manager, HSBC Baden-Baden branch P.O. Box 10 05 27 76486 Baden-Baden Maria-Viktoria-Straße 2 76530 Baden-Baden.Germany. 8th July, 2019. Hello. Next of Kin to late Dr. Hyun Anderson a Korean/American. All Documents available with the Deposit Certificate attached.Few stories about her left behind. Transaction For Real Estate Investment Partnership. I feel quite safe dealing with you in this business proposition having gone through your remarkable profile on the internet. Though, this medium (Internet) has been greatly abused, I choose to reach you through it because it still remains the fastest, surest and most secured medium of communication.However,this Correspondence is unofficial and private, and it should be treated as such. Before I introduce myself, I wish to inform you that this letter is not a hoax or Scam mail and I urge you to treat it with the seriousness it deserves. I also guarantee you that this deal is hitch free from all what you may think of. I am Mr.Steve Beddow, Risk Manager Allocation Department(HSBC PLC Baden-Baden branch). My office monitors and controls the affairs of HSBC bank here in Germany concerned with foreign claim payments. I am the final signatory to any transfer or remittance of huge funds moving within HSBC banks both on the local and international levels in line with foreign claim settlement. I have before me list of funds, which could not be transferred to some nominated accounts as these accounts have been identified either as ghost accounts, unclaimed deposits and over-invoiced sum etc. late Dr.Hyun Anderson a Korean/American was among the people expecting the funds to be transferred into her account before her death, on this note; I wish to have a deal with you as regards to this unpaid funds and I have the file before me and hope your data's are correct and un-tampered unless you reconfirm it not correct and As it is my duty to recommend the transfer of these surplus funds to the German Government Treasury and Reserve Accounts as unclaimed deposits, I have the opportunity to write you based on the instructions received two days ago from the Foreign Debts Reconciliation Dept to submit the List of payment reports/expenditures and audited reports of revenues. Among several others, I have decided to present you as the NEXT OF KIN/WILL BENEFICIARY to this overdue inheritance sum of £17.5M only belonging to our Late client late Dr.Hyun Anderson a Korean/American.Following my idea that we can have a Deal/agreement and I am going to do this legally with your name as the bonafide beneficiary of the amount in question by employing the service of an European accredited attorney, who will handle all the legal documentations and lay claims through his legal authority on your behalf. Listen 45% of this money will be for you,in respect to the provision of a foreign account,10% will be set aside for expenses incurred during the business and 45% would be for me as have planned to come to your Country as soon as the Transfer is completed. My Conditions: 1) The sum of £17.5M only will be transfer into your account after the processing of all relevant legal documents with your name as the bonfide beneficary,the transfer will be made by telegraphic Transfer(T/T), conformable in 5-7 working days. 2)This deal must be kept secret forever, and all correspondence will be strictly by email / telephone, for security purposes. 3)There should be no third parties as most problem associated with your fund release are caused by your agents or representative. If you AGREE with my conditions, i will advise you on what to do immediately and the transfer will commence without delay as I will proceed to fix your name on the Payment schedule instantly to meet the 5-7 working days mandate. I hope you don't reject this offer and have your funds transferred. Waiting for your reply soon. Yours Faithfully, Mr.Steve Beddow, Risk Manager, HSBC. Baden-Baden branch P.O. Box 10 05 27 76486 Baden-Baden Maria-Viktoria-Straße 2 76530 Baden-Baden.Germany. SWIFT-Code/BIC: TUBDDEDD 662

Got a text 20 minutes ago notifying me of $120 sent to me via Zelle Pay. Shortly after I got a call, "Oh no, somebody accidentally sent you money that was supposed to go to my poor mother. I'm so sorry, is there any way that you can accept the funds and then send them to me?"

I haven't heard that scam before. Maybe it was just a mistake, but with all the other scams out there I am too jaded or paranoid. I just told her there was nothing I could do and maybe the sender could fix it on their end. Weird.

That does happen though. There's no verification in who you send money to via those apps.

It's just like if you put the wrong email when you send money via paypal. Once you hit send, it's gone.

What about those ignoramus that stop 50ft from the white line on the traffic light, so far back that the "part present sensor" doesn't recognize there is a line of traffic waiting for the light to turn green. Move up faawkers! Drive like you are awake!

That does happen though. There's no verification in who you send money to via those apps.

It's just like if you put the wrong email when you send money via paypal. Once you hit send, it's gone.
So ture ,i accidentally sent money to the wrong person, left out a 4 in the email. Because i sent friends and family, i had no recourse. Luckily my bank gave it back to me.

What about those ignoramus that stop 50ft from the white line on the traffic light, so far back that the "part present sensor" doesn't recognize there is a line of traffic waiting for the light to turn green. Move up faawkers! Drive like you are awake!
This is so funny. People are clueless and stay all day. And FYI - many lights in Raleigh respond (change) to a flash from the 9 inch LED lights.

And another thing, what is up with Raleigh and being scared to install left hand turn blinking yellows? No traffic for 1 minute and I am gone. Outside of Raleigh they are everywhere. Idling wastes gas.

Last edited:
I am sitting here doing a little paper work and ordering a few parts, with the morning news on the tube in the background. A piece comes on about how this new aging App everyone is ga ga about is Russian in origin and how the Russian government will use all this information yada yada yada.

If a person has not figured out every bit of information you put on the internet is out there and no matter how careful you are, sooner or later you can be hacked in some form or other they are not paying attention. Hell, there are already reports of Alexa type devices recording what people say and sending the recordings to others. No way in hell I'd install one of those things in my house. Point being, we really have no idea who has the capacity to listen in, how hard can it be?

All we hear is that information is the currency of the future and it seems that in these early stages we are all just giving it away while a select few are just storing it away for a rainy day. It's certainly going to get interesting.

D-uSy2GUwAE9cAs.jpg

I am sitting here doing a little paper work and ordering a few parts, with the morning news on the tube in the background. A piece comes on about how this new aging App everyone is ga ga about is Russian in origin and how the Russian government will use all this information yada yada yada.

If a person has not figured out every bit of information you put on the internet is out there and no matter how careful you are, sooner or later you can be hacked in some form or other they are not paying attention. Hell, there are already reports of Alexa type devices recording what people say and sending the recordings to others. No way in hell I'd install one of those things in my house. Point being, we really have no idea who has the capacity to listen in, how hard can it be?

All we hear is that information is the currency of the future and it seems that in these early stages we are all just giving it away while a select few are just storing it away for a rainy day. It's certainly going to get interesting.

I read two conflicting reports on the FaceApp. I spent way too much time worrying over it, I mean just look at me......

received_872907049734570.jpeg

Faceapp started by plastic surgery center (JK) and now you get tons of plastic surgery ads...baa haa...and redeem said ads because you feel bad about how old you look on a FREE app.

DC Metro at rush hour. DC traffic any time. Uber drivers in crappy cars who don't have functioning AC. Power breakfasts, power lunches, power happy hours, power dinners, etc, full of people in suits who are just like everybody else except for being better than them. Hotel rooms that cost a fortune but somehow seem to attract the humidity from everybody's showers all day long, overwhelming the AC's ability to 'condition'. Plus...are at ground level directly across a 2-lane street from Fire & Rescue. FYI, there are NO blackout curtains that can effectively stop the front-mounted spinning LED lamps on the fire trucks. Remember the "Kenny Rogers Roasters" episode of Seinfeld??? Same kinda thing.

Rant: What the hell is wrong with "businesses" not returning emails , sent through their website, or following up on a phone conversation.? I mean just tell me to go F myself. Some of the most referenced shops/vendors on MUD will not acknowledge or return phone calls or emails. California, Georgia,Virginia,Ohio, Texas its not regionally specific. Hell they are all as bad as Land Cruiser Heaven IMO.

Last edited:
Dang. How long did it take for the free rotate and balance?!?

LMFAO!!! good eye

Nah, I borrowed my mom's car while she is out of town and i'm waiting on some pads for my LS before doing the brakes.

Friggen tire blew off the wheel and rolled passed me on the 5. $180 later back on the road. In her older age she tends to curb the right rear when going around corners and that tire had had enough of that foolishness I guess.

Rant: What the hell is wrong with "businesses" not returning emails , sent through their website, or following up on a phone conversation.? I mean just tell me to go F myself. Some of the most referenced shops/vendors on MUD will not acknowledge or return phone calls or emails. California, Georgia,Virginia,Texas its not regionally specific. Hell they are all as bad as Land Cruiser Heaven IMO.
You may uncovered a business opp. Imagine you hang up with a client and an auto email/text is sent to the email associated with phone number or a text to the phone number. Customer sat rankings would go through the roof. This happens to me with all kind of businesses.

Rant: What the hell is wrong with "businesses" not returning emails , sent through their website, or following up on a phone conversation.? I mean just tell me to go F myself. Some of the most referenced shops/vendors on MUD will not acknowledge or return phone calls or emails. California, Georgia,Virginia,Ohio, Texas its not regionally specific. Hell they are all as bad as Land Cruiser Heaven IMO.
Sometimes technology just doesn't work too. You launch a website, everything works. Then there is an "upgrade" that you have no idea about, and things get disconnected in the background. Software companies do make a lot of mistakes for the sake of pretending to do make improvements, and often the testing is bullsheet. So Mr and Mrs business owners are left with no idea their site is broken until someone mentions it. I have seen this happen more than a few times.

I am pretty prompt about returning phone calls and E-mails. Quite often people comment about it along the lines that they are surprised. Often they then run through a list of who has not returned their calls or E-mails and how they will never get their business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom