Top Hinged Side Cargo Windows?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BTW, do you know or did you ask how thick the aluminum panel is?

The aluminum is 4mm thick, so just under 1/4". It has a slight curve to match the body line of the vehicle, which also adds strength. They should be much stouter than the OEM glass is.

Interested in this

Just an update, we need 2 more units or 1 more pair to meet the 10% discount on the group buy.

Follow up: I am zip code 35473 if you are figuring shipping estimates.

Thanks

I had only gotten the quote for Get Outside as he was on the fence about ordering. If the rough estimate of $150 isn't close enough I can get you a real estimate.

Interested in this

Head over to the group buy and get your name on the list if you're ready to order now :cool:

Last edited:
No, that is good. I wanted you to have that on file for the order. Only problem I'm having is choosing bt aluminum and glass

No, that is good. I wanted you to have that on file for the order. Only problem I'm having is choosing bt aluminum and glass

I really like the idea of glass. I chose the aluminum due to its immediate availability and because the glass isn't tinted and I'm afraid it would be difficult to match the factory tint.

I'd be interested to know which material would keep the trunk area cooler in direct sunlight and heat. 1/4" plate aluminum vs limo tinted glass.

FWIW - 4mm (.157") is much closer to 1/8" that is still adequate.

What type of aluminum?

I've never been good at the metric to inch conversion, especially not off the top of my head :confused:

However; we now have 10 wings on the list so we have met the 10% discount. Time for all of you to come out of the woodwork and get us to the 15% point :D

Come on people... can you imagine being stuck with your bumper arms unable to open and needing to access the rear storage??

This emu wing gets it done.

Since this isn't just for the 100s but also open to mix with the other series cruisers, am I correct thinking there's a link to the groupbuy in the other sections of the forum as well?
I didn't check but am assuming there is!

I'll suggest you leave it open at least until the end of the month. Lots of people still waiting to finalize summer travel plans and final word on tax returns(and/or amount owed - I have a feeling I'm on the paying club this time, will figure out this weekend).
Thanks again for taking the time to get it together.

Since this isn't just for the 100s but also open to mix with the other series cruisers, am I correct thinking there's a link to the groupbuy in the other sections of the forum as well?
I didn't check but am assuming there is!

I'll suggest you leave it open at least until the end of the month. Lots of people still waiting to finalize summer travel plans and final word on tax returns(and/or amount owed - I have a feeling I'm on the paying club this time, will figure out this weekend).
Thanks again for taking the time to get it together.

I did post in the 60 and the 80 series tech forums. There hasn't been much commentary on either and I haven't posted any follow ups in them because I don't want to come across as spammy. I will make time today to go at least update those threads letting everyone know we've met the 10% discount already.

So will this fix my leaky rear side window of my 100 :) lol

Just found this and will have to read some more but if I do it I would want both sides and in glass. Did they ever get a date on the glass panels being available ?

After ordered is there a time frame on when they would go out ? Do they have the 20 units in stock or is it pay and wait for them to be built.

Will they all be shipped to one location here and then redistributed or will they just be sending them direct ?

So will this fix my leaky rear side window of my 100 :) lol

Just found this and will have to read some more but if I do it I would want both sides and in glass. Did they ever get a date on the glass panels being available ?

After ordered is there a time frame on when they would go out ? Do they have the 20 units in stock or is it pay and wait for them to be built.

Will they all be shipped to one location here and then redistributed or will they just be sending them direct ?

I will have to check with Emu Wing to find out if they have the glass in stock now and if not a new estimate for delivery from the glass maker.

The aluminum are in stock and will ship when the order is placed. There may be a short delay for powder costing.

When we have a final count I will determine if it's cheaper to have Emu Wing ship directly or have them put on a pallet and shipped to my nearest freight terminal then redistributed, after all the goal of this is to save as much money as possible for everyone involved. If I have them shipped to me and redistributed, anything that isn't currently in stock will be shipped direct from Emu Wing.

Response I got from Emu Wing:

"All the aluminium panels are in stock, yes we powder coat upon request and it usually takes about a week.

The [100 series] glass is ready with the supplier - I pick it up this Wednesday.

The 60 Series [glass] samples will also be picked up and checked and all going well an order placed so we have them as soon as we can, at least as soon as the glass gods make them.

We assemble the kits as they are ordered from parts we have on the shelf, they will all be despatched within two weeks of receiving the order."

I added the clarifying parts in the brackets.

I'd be interested to know which material would keep the trunk area cooler in direct sunlight and heat. 1/4" plate aluminum vs limo tinted glass.

Good question. I am limo tinting the entire rear... lots of wandering eyes looking for goodies out these days. Been the victim of a break in recently.

I think if someone wants to get inside it really doesn't matter how thick that panel is! If you have glass (like we all do now) all one has to do is break it and done deal! IMO it's easier and faster than trying to bend the aluminum panel to get access.
4mm is 0.157"(a hair above 5/32") so just a little more than 1/8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom