Top Hinged Side Cargo Windows?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m interested in (1) RH glass and (1) LH aluminum for a 60 series
Shipping 2 windows to Texas was 349AUD or $232 USD
I contacted them about a discount for a mixed set. If you purchase two glass or two aluminum the there is a small discount but not on a mixed set. I’ll update if they give the discount.

anyone have pictures of how the factory glass is held on the car? is it just the three bolts (two hinge and one motor)?

I've been thinking that maintaining the vent function while having a side access would be nice and have considered designing and manufacturing that sort of system.

anyone have pictures of how the factory glass is held on the car? is it just the three bolts (two hinge and one motor)?

That's pretty much it. 2 bolts on one side attach to the hinges and then one bolt in the back attaches to a multi-link control arm.

I went ahead and ordered a set for my 60.

With the exchange rate @ .59 AUD -USD which is over 12% lower than a month ago made this a go.

Shipping did adjust for the exchange rate.

Hey everyone...I'm brand new to the forum! I recently ordered the aluminum set but have not started the project yet. A) I'm trying to figure out how to get the oem windows out. B) Is it necessary to remove the entire inside plastic panels that surround the windows? Some of the sections are really large and the seatbelt posts look like they'd have to be removed also. C) Is the SIKA adhesive enough of a water proofing/adhesive to hold the frame in place? I tend to always think I need to add extra something or other. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

SIKA will absolutely hold the window in place if properly applied. We use it to hold armored windows in their fixturing frames and its what your windshield is installed with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom