Top Hinged Side Cargo Windows?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bending aluminum is quiet compared to smashing safety glass

So is walking up with a wedge and lock bar. It's also much faster than either of the alternatives.

Like was said earlier if someone wants in our rig they will get in. I won't let paranoia stop me from modding.

Bumping for the weekend crowd. (hope I'm not breaking an unwritten rule of Mud forum etiquette).
We're closing in on 15% discount, come on cruiser heads lets do it. You know you want an EmuWing!

Last edited:
Any interest out there for another group buy of these? (assuming the manufacturer is still interested in a multi-unit discount)

Post here if you're in

I may be interested in a set.

...this thread needs more pics of the product installed
I Think I can help. There is a choice in either glass or powder coated aluminum. These are satin black aluminum windows.
IMG_E3759.JPG

I Think I can help. There is a choice in either glass or powder coated aluminum. These are satin black aluminum windows.View attachment 2229827

How do you like the EMU window? Do you find yourself using it much? Any issues with it leaking?

How do you like the EMU window? Do you find yourself using it much? Any issues with it leaking?
I have had zero issues with leakage. I have even tried to blast water into the cracks and it has not leaked.

I like the EMU windows with my setup. Which is a drawer system in the back cargo area so the floor is actually reachable from the window. I also sleep in the back of my land cruiser so I can open or just crack the windows overnight. In emergency a fire extinguisher is mounted to the grab handle behind the EMU window so even if the cargo area is packed full the extinguisher is accessible.

Looks like the aluminum ones are 649 AuD ($430) and the new safety glass ones are 849 AuD ($563). Seem like really reasonable prices. Not sure what shipping would be. Seriously considering the aluminum on the left (block more light from hitting the fridge plus doesn't impact rear visibility and the safety glass on the right (better visibility). The safety glass looks like I would have an issue with the "tint". It appears to have an integrated gasket located inside the frame line. Tinting it looks difficult.

1583515445563.png

1583515419887.png

Looks like the aluminum ones are 649 AuD ($430) and the new safety glass ones are 849 AuD ($563). Seem like really reasonable prices. Not sure what shipping would be. Seriously considering the aluminum on the left (block more light from hitting the fridge plus doesn't impact rear visibility and the safety glass on the right (better visibility). The safety glass looks like I would have an issue with the "tint". It appears to have an integrated gasket located inside the frame line. Tinting it looks difficult.

View attachment 2230954

View attachment 2230952

I have these (my truck on top pic during install), they are very good quality IMO. The gasket you apply post tint your self, comes in a roll. No leaks very useful if you have double swing outs you basically avoid having to open 4-doors (one siwing, second swing, tailgate, lift gate) and all you have to do is open one window is stuff is in the rights spot to reach in.

They are also really nice if you sleep inside the truck. Price is high but then again custom stuff usually is.

Cheers.

This is the first time I’ve seen a good looking gullwing for our 100’s.
Saving this for later. This is especially good because the AUD to USD conversion is 1AUD = .66USD as of today.

so a pair of alum windows would be 828.93 USD.
Now shipping I have no idea how to calculate that but still a great deal.

This is the first time I’ve seen a good looking gullwing for our 100’s.
Saving this for later. This is especially good because the AUD to USD conversion is 1AUD = .66USD as of today.

so a pair of alum windows would be 828.93 USD.
Now shipping I have no idea how to calculate that but still a great deal.

After shipping and customs fee I think I paid around 1300

Thanks for being transparent! Did you buy one side or both?
Any sort of additional cabin noises? Is this a mod you’d do again?

That's for the set. No extra noises, install is straight forward with many micro adjustments needed on the inside hinges for a flat profile fit. Locks are pretty good quality I've had them for a long while now. Many compliments and curious people ask about them. I made a frame out of paint around the glass so it looks more finished. I also painted the exposed body when open black to match the dark trim. Profile pic:

IMG_20200302_081538.jpg

I'm happy to look into shipping cost/details and get a shipment put together if I can get a total QTY/config.
Not sure of the best way to facilitate it but if you absolutely want to place an order, post here the QTY, LH/RH, and material... We'll see what size of order we can put together and go from there..

As for me, I'm going with 1 aluminum unit for LH side

thanks

That's for the set. No extra noises, install is straight forward with many micro adjustments needed on the inside hinges for a flat profile fit. Locks are pretty good quality I've had them for a long while now. Many compliments and curious people ask about them. I made a frame out of paint around the glass so it looks more finished. I also painted the exposed body when open black to match the dark trim. Profile pic:

View attachment 2231037
Uh yeah that looks awesome! Thank you for the info!

Uh yeah that looks awesome! Thank you for the info!
No problem. There are plenty of pictures on my build thread on the install if you have more questions.

BTW... these are also available for other models if that interests you...
I have sent an inquiry to the vendor about freight costs & logistics... Stand by

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom