Tool loaner thread… not for mooches. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Chris @CCRider came by today and grabbed my engine hoist for a project he’s working on and we got to thinking, what if we had a thread for things that locals need to get through a project?

Sometimes it’s a hub socket, sometimes it’s an engine hoist, sometimes it’s a timing light… this thread will be for those who desire to share some of the specialty tools people need/have and don’t mind passing around a bit.

Maybe a few ground rules:
  • Treat all tools like they ARE someone else’s. With respect. No abuse of tools.
  • Return things in better shape than you found them.
  • Consider the time-line you think the job will actually take. Make sure both parties agree.
  • Borrower should replace any broken parts with NEW replacements of same or better quality.
  • Loaner can decide who they wish to loan to OR NOT LOAN to.
  • Consider sweetening the deal by returning the tool with a cold beverage or homemade goodie. Just a thought.
I keep a running list by my shop door of who he borrowed what so I can eventually track it down if needed.

I loaned my cherry picker out in denver and guys used it all over the city for 3 years! Glad to have out of the shop and brought back in excellent condition.

No pressure to participate.

That said. Anyone got a 46mm socket for the 2F crank pulley nut? :bounce:
I do, but it's probably not a financially feasible option. It would be just as cheap to buy one from harbor freight rather than shipping it.

Unless you find yourself in the Bitterroot.

Chris @CCRider came by today and grabbed my engine hoist for a project he’s working on and we got to thinking, what if we had a thread for things that locals need to get through a project?

Sometimes it’s a hub socket, sometimes it’s an engine hoist, sometimes it’s a timing light… this thread will be for those who desire to share some of the specialty tools people need/have and don’t mind passing around a bit.

Maybe a few ground rules:
  • Treat all tools like they ARE someone else’s. With respect. No abuse of tools.
  • Return things in better shape than you found them.
  • Consider the time-line you think the job will actually take. Make sure both parties agree.
  • Borrower should replace any broken parts with NEW replacements of same or better quality.
  • Loaner can decide who they wish to loan to OR NOT LOAN to.
  • Consider sweetening the deal by returning the tool with a cold beverage or homemade goodie. Just a thought.
I keep a running list by my shop door of who he borrowed what so I can eventually track it down if needed.

I loaned my cherry picker out in denver and guys used it all over the city for 3 years! Glad to have out of the shop and brought back in excellent condition.

No pressure to participate.
This is a solid idea, the club in DC had club tools that could be loaned out to members. Granted they had a larger pool of Cruiserheads and possibly more funding.

This is a solid idea, the club in DC had club tools that could be loaned out to members. Granted they had a larger pool of Cruiserheads and possibly more funding.
I'll take that as a challenge!

I can be the guy in Billings. I've got most of the larger metric sockets for major jobs, a few engine stands, jack stands up to 12 ton and some other specialty hand tools. Anything else one could think of I probably have as well.

Last edited:
g8xUm3C.jpg
I like this idea. I recently re sealed my rain gutter and had to buy a 2 part seam sealer gun or whatever you would call this thing. This is a dumb tool to have to buy. If anyone needs one please borrow mine..

Amazon product ASIN B07DFW75MN

I offered this way early in the club/page history.
I have a 20 ton shop press
I have a motive pressure brake bleeder with Toyota master cylinder adapter.
I have the wits end suspension bushing presstowers.
80 series hub sockets
Non toyota, I have a honda crank holding tool
Foxwell bidirectional scanner with bmw software.
I've lent out garage space to out of towners.
I think that's all of my specialty tools.

I can be the guy in Billings. I've got most of the larger metric sockets for major jobs, a few engine stands, jack stands up to 12 ton and some other specialty hand tools. Anything else one could think of I probably have as well.
How’s the 74 build coming John!?

g8xUm3C.jpg
I like this idea. I recently re sealed my rain gutter and had to buy a 2 part seam sealer gun or whatever you would call this thing. This is a dumb tool to have to buy. If anyone needs one please borrow mine..

Amazon product ASIN B07DFW75MN

That’s what I’m talking about! The weird stuff you need to buy to save 100’s of dollars by doing it yourself.

maybe get this located at the top of the page?
so it doesn't drop down thru time

I have a friend that was asking about access to a hydraulic press. Just needs to press a couple of bearings or bushings or something. I have no idea what im talking about. anyone in the valley have one?

I need to put a ring terminal on my negative battery cable- anyone have a crimping tool I could come use for a minute?
and maybe a couple extra terminals (larger 6ga I think and a smaller 12ga one for the earth ground)?

*Edited wire sizes to not look as clueless

Last edited:
I have a friend that was asking about access to a hydraulic press. Just needs to press a couple of bearings or bushings or something. I have no idea what im talking about. anyone in the valley have one?
I have a harbor freight 20 ton press. It's currently a couple blocks away at nohermosa's house. You are welcome to it. It's a bit of a pain to move but doable. Welcome to press things here.

I need to put a ring terminal on my negative battery cable- anyone have a crimping tool I could come use for a minute?
and maybe a couple extra terminals (larger 2ga I think and a smaller 4ga one for the earth ground)?
I have the items you seek.

and maybe a couple extra terminals (larger 2ga I think and a smaller 4ga one for the earth ground)?
I was just gonna say I’ve borrowed one from the Napa in 4crs before. Had to pay a $900 deposit to borrow it but they had the overkill huge battery cable crumper

I have a harbor freight 20 ton press. It's currently a couple blocks away at nohermosa's house. You are welcome to it. It's a bit of a pain to move but doable. Welcome to press things here.
Cool. I think I still have mikes number

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom