To plasti dip or not (fender flares) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What you guys think should i plasti dip or not?

15269395837372534833660896413590.jpg

I think you should follow your heart.

If you do, I would do the rocker as well and add some front factory mud flaps to help save the paint/plasti from rock chips.

And hit the recessed body moulding area between the doors and behind the rear wheel with plasti to even it out.

Last edited:
I think the red looks better but that you should try they plastidip/black since you are obviously interested in it. You can go with the plasti-dip until you get tired of it (if you do) and then roll it back, then you won't wonder which you like better as you'll have had both.

Plastidip looks good and if you get a nick on one of them, just give a shot of plastidip and be done with it. Forget about it.

Still trying to figure out why you're asking us? ;)

Last edited:
Either way looks good, but I agree that your paint looks great and doesn't need to be covered up. I'm one of the *losers* that uses plasti-dip. I sprayed my flares because the clearcoat had peeled badly and the rest of the paint on the truck wasn't worth repainting the flares without painting the whole truck. I think it works great for what it is.

Anecdotally, a dragged a flare on a rock in Moab one day. Took it home and peeled off the plastidip only to find the paint underneath was fine. Resprayed it and it looked good as new for basically zero cost. Wouldn't have been so cheap with paint. But what do I know?

Before
IMG_7061.jpg

After
IMG_2677.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom