The TuRDle / My 84 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good luck on studying for your ham license. QRZ.COM Callsign Database has practice tests on line.

Thanks for the link! I received my Yaesu FT-2900R in the mail today and ordered a mount, antenna and cable, so now I have extra incentive to study! I've learned quite a bit the last couple days!

Those look good. Better than my rusted up Trail-gear ones....which reminds me, I gotta get them repainted.

Over the weekend

Still waiting for my new oil pump to show up, so this weekend I pulled a couple main caps and took a look at the bearings...nothing unusual that I could see. That was great! I didn't take pics as the wife was off with that camera.

I did the 2LO mod (super easy) and it only took about 1/2 hour including cutting it with a hacksaw (I need a sawzall!)

I found some extended axle breathers already installed, so that saved me from another project I was planning.
IMG_4396.jpg
IMG_4397.JPG
IMG_4399.jpg

Also...

What is this thing under the dash? What's the adjustment dial for?
IMG_4400.JPG

Ah! That's on the project list...check A/C for leaks and recharge. It blows a tiny bit of kinda but not quite cold air...

Ah! That's on the project list...check A/C for leaks and recharge. It blows a tiny bit of kinda but not quite cold air...

I've been conditioned to the outside air flowing through my windows....that's the same thing as A/C right?

i really love that brown color and the style of what you are doing. I am so baffeled by this machine i even had a dream about a few nights ago. When it will be my turn to do a frame off resto of a sixty this will def be the color of my choice.

I've been conditioned to the outside air flowing through my windows....that's the same thing as A/C right?

Haha...that works great in my 89 Toyota Pickup...driver & passenger side windows down, vents open, extended cab windows opened and rear sliding window open. Still sucks when you hit stoplights on the way home on 90 degree days after your trucks been baking in the sun all day while you sat in an air conditioned basement..

The Land Cruiser needs A/C haha...besides Land Cruisers are supposed to be luxurious!

i really love that brown color and the style of what you are doing. I am so baffeled by this machine i even had a dream about a few nights ago. When it will be my turn to do a frame off resto of a sixty this will def be the color of my choice.

Glad you like it! Just make sure I don't catch you outside the house staring at it while rubbing one out... (not sure if someone from Norway will get that :D )

After weeks of blood, sweat & beers...the TuRD is running again. Thanks to all for the great posts here that helped me fight my way through installing a new oil pump, oil pan gasket & dizzy. Beers all around!

Need to go grab a timing gun to get her running sweet and then I can go run over some Priuses or something!

Mods

So, I got the TuRDle running again...I bought a timing light, but couldn't see s***, so I just got running by ear. Seems to run as good as before, so it's good for now. My dad will be visiting at the end of the month...I'll have him help out with the timing.

Well, I ditched the "MOLLE/cargo net" thing and just went with Quick Fists. I added some d-rings so I could hook some small bags (first aid kit, etc) I like the way it turned out!
IMG_4443.JPG
IMG_4444.jpg
IMG_4445.JPG

20mm center console

Still a work in progress...I painted it brown, added the U-bolt so I could lock it up. Not sure if I will mount it this way or the other way. I'm going to have my wife make a arm rest cushion and then I'll spray adhesive it on top. I may mount my Yaesu FT-2900R on the side of the can, so it's kind of out of sight.
IMG_4446.JPG
IMG_4448.JPG
IMG_4449.JPG

I have this on my truck and have been wondering what it is.

attachment.php

You are saying that is an axle breather? On mine at the axle it is just kind of sitting in the hole and I can pull it out by hand. Anyone provide some guidance? Sorry not trying to hijack.

i know im draggin up an old post here

Nice Landcruiser!

Those look like 4Runner seats to me. Out of a Third Gen (95-02)

but were those seats out of a 4Runner? im looking for as many options as i can to get different seats. There is a huge junkyard where i live and from time to time there are still some great seats available...

Thanks

Jason82FJ60

So, I got the TuRDle running again...I bought a timing light, but couldn't see s***, so I just got running by ear. Seems to run as good as before, so it's good for now. My dad will be visiting at the end of the month...I'll have him help out with the timing.

Well, I ditched the "MOLLE/cargo net" thing and just went with Quick Fists. I added some d-rings so I could hook some small bags (first aid kit, etc) I like the way it turned out!

and i love these mods. this is what i will most likely be going for as well. looks "military" to me. which is what i am going for on my cruiser.

good work.

Jason82FJ60

I have this on my truck and have been wondering what it is.

attachment.php

You are saying that is an axle breather? On mine at the axle it is just kind of sitting in the hole and I can pull it out by hand. Anyone provide some guidance? Sorry not trying to hijack.

I didn't hook them up, but they don't pull out by hand...maybe someone else can help. There are a few axle breather threads on here that can probably help...I was checking them out before I found the hoses down there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom