The TuRDle / My 84 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole carb and Jim C's desmog stuff on the way..hope to start my desmog adventures next weekend.

I'm thinking of Redline's sliders & 1/4 panel sliders...hmm

Fourunner's battery cable kit is on the short list too...

Ordered some FJ62-sized mirrors and new hood bumpers from CCOT tonight. The 60 mirrors aren't very good & I'm missing a hood bumper & I'm tired of the hood bouncing up & down..haha.

I'll be attempting a desmog this weekend! Wish me luck!

LOL...attempting desmog back in April...that's when I ripped all the stuff off. Been busy with life, so I just got the carb hooked back up this weekend, but I still need to figure out what I'm going to hook back up. My HAC has some ports glued off & stuff, so I think I'll just delete it for now. A used one is $75 from the boneyeard in Salida, so I think I'll try it without. I have the high-altitude jets installed in the Trollhole, so hopefully that will be good enough. I have to put the new BVSV and that other valve next to it in still.

I ordered the Spectre air cleaner/adapter I saw posted somewhere else (PN 47708 & 4953), an EGR intake block off plate, horn pin and choke cable (mine is cracked and rusted), so I'll be waiting a bit longer.

I still have some valves & stuff which I have to figure out 1) WTF they are and 2) if they should go in the junk pile...

Good news is I've been riding my bicycle to work (750 miles so far) so I've been saving money to put towards the parts!

The TuRD is off to Redline Land Cruisers tomorrow for some much needed :wrench:love:wrench:. I can no longer look at it looking sad in the driveway. I had it up for sale, but it's hard to sell one of my dream vehicles. I'll finally be finished with college this winter, so I'll be wheeling the s*** out of this mofo once my weekends are free again!

Funny story...

My 7-year old, Zach says, "Yeah, Dad, when you get it fixed we can go four wheeling again!"

My wife says, "I'd like to go to!"

Zach says, "No, mom, you can't! Dad has a no fat chicks sticker on it and you are kinda fat.

The wife and I just busted out laughing!!!

The big, brown TuRD is off for some Redline LC love...
2vs0knt.jpg

Last edited:
Redline

Justin's just going to get the rest of the desmog figured out & tune it up, reinforce/weld on some sliders I picked up from a fellow 'mudder and re-do my s***ty oil pan gasket job I did. I should have it back in a couple weeks. I can't wait! :steer:

When I get some bills paid I'll have him mod my bumper with a winch plate & get one of those installed.

I gave Justin a call today & was going to tell him I was going to drop off some Rotella 15w40 & ZDDT additive. I asked if he had already redone the oil pan gasket. He said yeah and that it had a crack in it, so he welded that up for me...and said he put in Shell Rotella and some ZDDT...LOL! He's gonna replace the gas since it's been sitting so long. I threw some stabilizer in it last fall, but that was like a year ago.

He said it should be ready next week.

Gathered a hand throttle, horn contact things, pre-filter wrap for the air cabin filter and an Anti-Prius sticker to install this week!

Need pics of the Anti-Prius sticker. I might need to get one! haha

Good to see another 60 being taken care of. Just warms my heart :)

Need pics of the Anti-Prius sticker. I might need to get one! haha

Good to see another 60 being taken care of. Just warms my heart :)

Here's a pic...pretty simple. There's another one on ebay that says ":censor: YOUR PRIUS" if you want to go that route... :p

antiprius.JPG

All the 'cool kids' drive those POS 4 door jeep thingies... I like to pee on the tire :)

Aw... I need to get the dizzy re-curved due to the desmog, so I'm going to go over to Redline, grab that and ship it off to Jim C. We'll get this sucker running again one of these days!! Hahaha

Redline said they can't get it running right, so they suggested it. Desmog + altitude maybe? I just want it running again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom