The TuRDle / My 84 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Grab Bar

sweet...
IMG_4156.JPG
IMG_4160.JPG

Long weekend plans...

- Go scout some trails to find some camp sites to take the family to this summer

- Clean headliner / grap handles / etc

- Shampoo carpet

- Extend diff breathers / possibly change out diff fluids

---

My rear seatback cargo/MOLLE net should be done soon. I have to go buy a shovel / axe and some mounts. Got a first aid kit and a couple other things for it already. Have a MOLLE shotgun scabbard and a couple more misc MOLLE bags on the way. I think I found a new favorite website (cheaperthandirt.com)

Got a nice ride in the other day...drove from Garden of the Gods up to Monument, CO...just 2WD dirt roads up Rampart Range Rd to Mount Hermon Rd.

Got a couple things done so far this weekend...

Installed the Radioshack "you left your lights on dummy" buzzer...positive to left headlight fuse, negative to gauges fuse, Velcro'd to inside of dash - not too loud or annoying, but you definitely won't forget to turn headlights off.

Got my rear seat back net installed...I'll need to reinforce it some with extra stitches. Moved the d-rings from the bottom of the seat to a bolt on the floor by the wheel well. I don't think I'll hang a full-size shovel or axe off it, but folding shovel, MOLLE bags (first aid kit, etc) will be just fine. I'm going to order some Quickfists for those.

Some pics of my ride...
251519_106259796132588_100002457036977_69036_5991359_n.jpg
250060_106259859465915_100002457036977_69041_6088958_n.jpg
254298_106259916132576_100002457036977_69044_6564273_n.jpg

Pics of net

Here's a couple pics of the net...still needs a little work/reinforcement
IMG_4278.JPG
IMG_4276.JPG
IMG_4277.jpg

Well, replaced the distributor (Firestone did since it was under warranty still) and the TuRD is running again.

They said they didn't see anything wrong with the cam gear (looking down through dizzy hole) and that the oil pump seemed to be functioning properly. They asked what weight oil I'm running and I told them 10-30. They said the pin could shear with a heavy weight oil.

I'm hoping it was just a fluke with the remanufactured dizzy. I guess I'll drive it and see if this distributor blows up...if so I must have bigger issues.

I should throw a Slant Six in this beeotch...I've had many of those and they never broke...haha. :flipoff2: or a 22RE... :hillbilly:

My Round Eyes arrived today, so I just installed them. They look so shiny and new on my dirty truck...

Also ripped out the ratty hood/heat shield blanket thing...I think something lived in there at one point...need to find some of that nice looking aluminum heat shielding...is it possible to keep that nice looking or will it get black and nasty?

Got a bunch of Quick Fists too that I need to mount too...

Last edited:
More Plans

More mods planned...

Trying to figure out a design for a sleep system: https://forum.ih8mud.com/expedition...p-platform-out-square-alu-tuing-new-post.html

Also ordered a 20mm ammo can inspired by this and other threads: https://forum.ih8mud.com/expedition...p-platform-out-square-alu-tuing-new-post.html

I can't wait to get that installed as the factory console truly sucks. Thinking a mag mount maybe some other stuff screwed to outside...

Trucks running good and strong the last couple days...been giving her some hell to see if something in the engine is wrecking my distributors...sounds mean up above 3K... :steer:

Last edited:
Also ripped out the ratty hood/heat shield blanket thing...I think something lived in there at one point...need to find some of that nice looking aluminum heat shielding...is it possible to keep that nice looking or will it get black and nasty?

I used Reflectix insulation on mine. Still looks great after several months. Picked up new screw in rivet thingies from Lowes.

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

Sweet...

Ah, must have been your post I saw somewhere...

Just normal insulation like at Lowes/HD?

I still have the old ratty one...maybe I should save it for a template?

Installed a 20mm ammo can center console...need to paint and add a hinge and armrest still.
IMG_4305.JPG
IMG_4306.JPG

Also, pics of my cargo net. I still plan to reinforce it some, but works good so far. MOLLE bags hook on nicely...one on left is first aid kit other two have some other crap in them.
IMG_4308.jpg
IMG_4309.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom