Builds The Texas Land Crusher Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WeatherTech Mats came in this week.

Gave the carpet a solid steam cleaning this week. Carpets look like new again.

3EABBE1D-C5BF-4E3C-AB52-F5BD31AD9C4C.jpeg

2E051B90-718F-4D1E-A5B7-2FA169178007.jpeg

858E7D1D-F8D2-44D8-8F3D-1EEE47791732.jpeg

AF7F3933-F664-4A6A-BDCD-6FE5430946F1.jpeg

CCD6F605-A764-4DB4-98E2-3D839BA9F61B.jpeg

I want to clean my carpet. What steam cleaner did you use?

I have the same sunshade and it's perfect here in TX for sure.

I want to clean my carpet. What steam cleaner did you use?
Hi Lex-ordered the Bissell 3626 off Amazon for $128 bucks. Use the Bissell solution as well. Is a great compact carpet cleaner in my opinion. It is technically not a “steam” machine, but I add really hot water before cleaning my carpets.

Reactions: LEX
I have the same sunshade and it's perfect here in TX for sure.
Hi Geanes-good to know another 100 owner on here from TX. Did you notice any difference in keeping the truck cooler vs. the cheap sunshades?

Hi Geanes-good to know another 100 owner on here from TX. Did you notice any difference in keeping the truck cooler vs. the cheap sunshades?

I never used the cheap ones on my LX. I did on my Outback and the LX stayed a little cooler than it. No data points, just a feeling.

Took Exiled’s idea and solution for saggy net syndrome. Ordered up some tan clips from Amazon to fix mine. Love the idea. This way I can adjust the net depending on what I am storing behind my seat.

Also came across another little storage solution off this site for the flat plastic plate on my front console. Can hold a cell phone, etc.

A88DF899-5FC5-4D97-8A82-FDDF5B29E9CD.jpeg

FD31335A-4E58-453A-B930-A13BAB1AF0DB.jpeg

D977C8FB-77CE-47AA-AF56-FA9D418D9378.jpeg

C916BEEA-FD67-4BF0-B6A3-2C002F06D7D8.jpeg

Was looking for a better sunshade than my five dollar Wal-Mart special for my 100 series.
Came across a company called Covercraft that could custom cut a sunshade for my 99 Cruiser. Price was a little steep at $61 shipped. However a good sunshade is a must in Texas. It goes up easily, comes off easily, folds easily, very sturdy, and is a perfect fit.

The cheap ones don’t fit quite right and are a pain to put up, take down, and especially fold up. I am happy with this purchase.

Looking forward to seeing if I can tell a real difference in this products ability to keep my cruiser any cooler than my previous cheap one. Stay tuned...

View attachment 1788577

View attachment 1788578

View attachment 1788579

Thanks for posting this.

For the first time, my rigs sits outside during work and I was looking at this sunshade.

Started a new project today. My door panels needed a good cleaning and refresh.

Painted my tweeter grills with a fresh coat of paint. Used a flat black caliper paint. Turned out great!

The dark Oak color on my door panels has faded over the years. Especially where you rest your arm. Found a company online (autoleatherdye.com) to get a custom match leather dye. Mailed them my ash tray so they could match. They matched it and sent me back my ash tray. Got the drivers door done this evening. Was too dark outside to take a pic when I got the door panel back on. Will get a pic up hopefully tomorrow. Think it turned out good.

Pretty straight forward. Used their cleaner with a scotch brite pad to remove any oils or grease. Wiped down with microfiber towel, taped off, and then applied light coats with sponge. Used a hair dryer to speed up dry time between coats. I did two good coats, however the faded section I had to go over lightly a few more times to get it right.

22316509-A45A-411E-BBDC-AD4B47A79CAF.jpeg

9308B320-5170-4834-A5A3-98033AE96E79.jpeg

D9E1B363-0CA7-4A49-A50A-80ABA72AF0F8.jpeg

Could you tell a difference in braking power after switching to stainless lines?
Hi Rolocado-can’t tell any difference with stainless lines. Went with them because my lines were original and the Slee option in my opinion was a better upgrade and more durable than replacing with OEM.

A few slight touch ups to go, but re-dye on door panel turned out fairly well in my opinion (at least for a hobbyist) :)

7CF863D0-4E93-4AB5-A852-2B072697027D.jpeg

What color did you use for the re-dye? Did it match the rest of the truck, or did you also have to dye the leather backing and handle? It's hard to see in the picture. BOTH of my 100s need this done!

What color did you use for the re-dye? Did it match the rest of the truck, or did you also have to dye the leather backing and handle? It's hard to see in the picture. BOTH of my 100s need this done!

Yeah I need more info on this too :)

Can you share the color code or info to order that exact color and maybe save some of us from having to send in our ashtrays? I've been wanting to do this since I bought my cruiser. Mine are REALLY faded.

Give Billy or Jessica a call at Luxury Leather Repair at 540-728-9147. Their website is autoleatherdye.com

Unfortunately they did not save a code for my project. I called Billy today and he said if someone would send an ashtray in again he will create a code for future orders for our Landcruisers. If you mail the ashtray, they will mail it back free of charge with your order.

There is a form on the website you will need to print off and fill out to put in the box with your ashtray. They will then call you and you can pay by phone or on their website when they get your form and ashtray in the mail.

Also 10% off orders with code WELCOME10

I would recommend you get the kit for a few dollars more. It could comes with the cleaner prep, cleaning pads, towels, dye, sponges, and everything you need to do the project right. I believe it was around 60 bucks shipped for my kit which included 8oz. Of dye. You are going to need about 1-2 oz. per door for project. This color should also match our dashboards if needed (mine is pretty good, so not going to mess with it).

I am going to freshen up my seats soon. I will make sure Billy does a code for future orders for those who are interested.

I have had a great experience working with this company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom