The slow progress of Spot the Pig (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I love boggers on a pig, soa is eye candy bonus

Get driving it already. :) I just had a great trip in Rottingham and I'm really wondering why I kept him in storage all those years. He's a great truck, lots of fun, wheeled just fine. Probably Prado's favourite cruiser.
IMG_2470.jpg

Working on my organization skills. It looking like there will be lots of free time this summer/fall, any cans of energy left over from the Troopy build? :p

(I'm anxious to get back at Spot, but things will go better with the shed gone through)
IMG_20150702_130853.jpg

Excellent plan! Things always go better and faster when things are organized.

And when you have enough space to be organized.

Looks good!

Working on my organization skills. It looking like there will be lots of free time this summer/fall, any cans of energy left over from the Troopy build? :p

(I'm anxious to get back at Spot, but things will go better with the shed gone through)
View attachment 1101293

Stick him on a trailer and come for a visit. We have a few other Cruiser projects in the queue but both Ty and I would like to be able to help you out w your 55. TNS is around the corner....

:hmm: Maybe a little bit down the road. :)

Shed is in better shape now. Todd and dad helped roll Spot back in yesterday. Spent some time last night clearing the heater and miscellaneous junk from the inside of the firewall. Looks like I should be in the clear as far a pushing the firewall back behind the engine.
IMG_20150804_205130.jpg

IMG_20150804_205334.jpg

Still need to remove the linkages from the transfer dash controls before cutting.

Geronimo is getting some love too. The deck needs fresh bearings, a fresh belt and a spindle changed out. Hoping I can pull the spindle from an old retired case ride-on that's sitting around.
IMG_20150804_160014.jpg

looks awesome man can't wait to see spot rolling under its own power

Shop looks really cleaned up, time to make a mess finishing the swap!

Starting to draw some lines and poke some holes through the firewall. Any suggestions on what's best to use cutting the sheet metal? Jigsaw? Just give 'er and go at it with the angle grinder and zip disk?
IMG_20150807_225054.jpg

Got this beauty off of kijiji a couple weeks back. Nice not having to dig through boxes and Rubbermaid totes to find tools. :)
IMG_20150807_225117.jpg

Back drilling on my usual rig. Doing short vertical wells, working solo and short turn around times between them. Hopefully when those are done in a month there is more work to keep us going.

Last edited:
Love the tool box. I bought a large one at Home Depot a couple of Christmases ago and I love it.

As for cutting, I've used a jigsaw with a metal blade and it works pretty good. It's very useful when you want to make nice inside curves, but the downfall is that it works best on flat and you have to have room to maneuver it. Also have a couple of extra blades because they if you only have one and it breaks on a corner you won't be happy if you don't have another. An alternative to the jigsaw is a reciprocating saw. Bit tougher and blades are longer.

Zip disks work well, obviously, and I use them quite a bit, but just be careful to protect your glass from sparks, as I always seem to forget to do.

You'll probably find that a combination of all will work the best.

Dad's got a reciprocating saw I should grab... that should work easiest around most of the cut except the top where I'd worry about the longer blade getting into stuff under / behind the dash.

Hey! There's a hole!!
IMG_20150811_004140.jpg

Ho-ly!

More slow progress.
IMG_20150816_170758.jpg

IMG_20150816_170811.jpg

Moar boar.
IMG_20150816_200915.jpg

IMG_20150816_204145.jpg

Full Boar?
fulll boar.jpg

Full Bore?
FULL BORE.jpg

Dreadful Boar

PS mounting crap burnt in, engine mounts next to get tacked.... then dry fit the engine to check.
IMG_20150820_002848.jpg

IMG_20150820_011340.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom