The slow progress of Spot the Pig (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Old one piece case, and I have parts on hand to convert it to manual linkage.

Updates??

Got the t-case rebuilt sometime last week. Todd's out for a while. We're going to redo the roof on the other side of the shed.... not much cruiserly is going to happen over the next couple weeks. Will be headed to Ontario too to help my buddy more back this way.
IMG_20150515_012546.jpg

And we've been getting freezing rain and 70-90 km/h gusts today. Looks like I'll be getting the saws fired back up this week. Yay!?!?

Brake clearance. Thinking hydroboost but haven't looked into it much yet. At any rate, I'll shift the engine over to make a bit more room.
IMG_20150519_184333.jpg
The fan would be 1/2" into the rad, plan to shift back up to 2" to make some room here.
IMG_20150519_184307.jpg
Set down on the engine the hood is an inch or less from sitting on the rubber bump stops. I don't want to drop the transfer case any, so I think this will be remedied by altering the hood or a body lift rather than dropping the engine mounts.
IMG_20150519_184003.jpg

Looks really good. Will you gain any room for the hood once you move back a touch

Looks really good. Will you gain any room for the hood once you move back a touch

A touch, I bet less than 1/4" though. I want to have a good look and ponder if a body lift would look okay and gain me anything over a hood bump, but it's usually well after dark when I think of it.

Pig palace is getting some work though. 5 rafters changed out, fresh decking, just about done shingling... no more dripping through the roof. :) moving the wood stove out where it will give more even heat too.
IMG_20150523_195015.jpg

Nice work. That's a good job almost done.

Pig Palace. Nice. If you need some extra paint there is still some periwinkle from the pink room. ;)

Periwinkle wainscoting with a white chair rail? That's definitely what's missing in my shop. :)

Last edited:
Engine is back out. Plan is to redo the mounts for 2" back, 1.75" to passenger side and 1.75" down. Need to clear out all the clutter in the engine bay, remove the heater and make sure I can push the center of the firewall back without any problems.

IMG_20150619_160746.jpg

Sounds like I'll have lots of free time this fall / winter, so I want to get the pig palace insulated and fixed up a bit inside before I roll spot back in.

I ordered you a key chain. :)

Do you have an extra starter for a 1F?

Lookie what I finally found. Remember that one time I actually let you drive my truck?? :)
If only I could remember what thread it was that you were bashing red and white pigs in....
IMG_0285.jpg

I ordered you a key chain. :)

:) green and white?

Do you have an extra starter for a 1F?

I have a one or two extra gear reduction 2F / 3FE ones, I assume they will work with an F. Can easily check it on an F bellhousing.... you need?

Lookie what I finally found. Remember that one time I actually let you drive my truck?? :)
If only I could remember what thread it was that you were bashing red and white pigs in....

This thread :p You can really see the disappointment on my face in that pic.... That's the night I pledged that I would find myself a green one.

Last edited:
Looking for a spare for clunker.

Nice Curtis, those tires look good on there, my opinion is there is not enough pigs with swampers! Makes it really look like it just wants to wallow in the mud like a true pig does!

Thanks Deny. I think when these eventually wear out, I'll likely go with Boggers a couple inches taller. Might have to massage the sheet metal a bit first thought. :)

Still lots to do before the tires get much wear though....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom