the SharkNet (a product build thread) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruzerDave

Land Shark Outfitters
Threads
Website
landsharkoutfitters.com
GROUP BUY IS LIVECLOSED: SharkNet Group Buy - 100 series grill

Orders will be accepted online shortly...

-----ORIGINAL POST--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so as anyone who's ever had braces will know, this is going to hurt.

But in the end it'll be worth it, I promise...

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 6.17.00 PM.png

Huge thank you to @TheForger for the donor grill - let me know if I can return the favor with some ChumBuckets!

Last edited:
took about 10 minutes, not too many challenges:
Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 6.49.56 PM.png

<whew> good to see the plastic side is solid underneath the connecting bars
Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 6.51.32 PM.png

that bodes well!

Last edited:
A project this complex requires the most advanced CAD systems on the planet.

And those take time to do properly:

Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 6.43.42 AM.png

(for the uninitiated, that's Cardboard Assisted Design...what, you thought this needed a quantum computer or something?)

Last edited:
Cardboard Accuracy Design does take some skill!

edit-lol, I see you have your own acronym!

Considering all the grilles available for the Land Cruiser, sure would be nice if someone made one for the unloved LX..... with a choice of Toyota or Lexus badging!

Considering all the grilles available for the Land Cruiser, sure would be nice if someone made one for the unloved LX..... with a choice of Toyota or Lexus badging!

As my dad used to say, “if you want it done and done right, do it yourself “. Try making one yourself. Find another grill, come up with a plan and start cutting and building it. All the home grown projects/products that keep popping up on here, that’s how they started. You can do it yourself and perhaps get a following who wants your idea too, then you have a winner.

As my dad used to say, “if you want it done and done right, do it yourself “. Try making one yourself. Find another grill, come up with a plan and start cutting and building it. All the home grown projects/products that keep popping up on here, that’s how they started. You can do it yourself and perhaps get a following who wants your idea too, then you have a winner.

Thanks for your input. I make a good living selling my engineering to others who, IMO, get to buy the results of my hard work for cheap. I like being on the other side of that transaction once in a while.

How did you secure the wire to the plastic grill?

sorry, wha? Links to those options? I couldn't find any decent grills for the 100 LC other than billet (which is not for me), so that is why I am even tackling this! If folks like it and want one I'll figure out how to sell it like I did with the drawers, but like @Dwight S said, if you can't find it, make it...

Aw, hells yeah! Will be following with anticipation…and hopefully tackling with our LX when we can get my son through bone marrow transplant. Kinda surprised this hasn't happened more over here yet…

Well it certainly looks like there are at least 2 people in this thread making or going to make grilles for the LC:rofl:, and one already available (the "billet" one you're referring to). Going by sales volume and used market availability, LXs seem to outnumber LCs. Maybe the LC is just cooler :frown:. As for making one, I could - but as they say, priorities....

I have a new OEM LX 470 grill and Lund aluminium billet insert both new in the box. My taste runs a little more conservative so I would rather have grill like yours but, with maybe smaller spaced holes in the mesh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom