The Rust Cruiser Spare Tire Winch Replacement (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I found the bolts thanks here is a picture from bottom and top. The top doesn’t look bad.

CC09A144-12F3-4E4A-A767-B18FDC458760.jpeg

Looking for this part only see one supplier in England rough trax 4x4.com. Would rather buy in US any suggestions

51900-60171 spare carrier Toyota Land Cruiser 1996

Oh wow, yours looks as bad as mine. I just fabricated a whole new crossmember this weekend because I couldn't justify the $250 for a new one from Daddy-T.
My overall rust problem looks about as bad as yours too. I ended up cutting the old crossmember out versus messing with all the rusted bolts, then welded a new bracket to the frame to mount the new carrier. The tire tightens up against the rear frame crossmember and my new crossmember really tight so it doesn't wiggle or shake.

unnamed (3).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

Don't mind my unfinished tack welds.. got them all cleaned up before paint.

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg

No matter how many times I see it....I still cringe when I see that kind of rust.

I recognize its unavoidable in some States and environments....but I'll never get used to seeing it.

No matter how many times I see it....I still cringe when I see that kind of rust.

I recognize its unavoidable in some States and environments....but I'll never get used to seeing it.
My truck lived its life in New Hampshire. The shady south florida dealer i bought it from had it undercoated. When i inspected the belly looked clean and black and fresh. About a month later all of that spray coating flaked off and left me with a rolling tetanus party mobile.

Oh wow, yours looks as bad as mine. I just fabricated a whole new crossmember this weekend because I couldn't justify the $250 for a new one from Daddy-T.
My overall rust problem looks about as bad as yours too. I ended up cutting the old crossmember out versus messing with all the rusted bolts, then welded a new bracket to the frame to mount the new carrier. The tire tightens up against the rear frame crossmember and my new crossmember really tight so it doesn't wiggle or shake.

View attachment 2697955
View attachment 2697956
Don't mind my unfinished tack welds.. got them all cleaned up before paint.

View attachment 2697957
View attachment 2697958
Smart solution will probably last long after the LC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom