Builds The Rushing Turdle (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With this extensive fleet I almost forgot u still have the crockpot! They all look great btw! Sorry I’ve been mia, kid rich, time poor

It’s funny you mention the Crockpot. It had been in storage at my Mom’s since late December because I needed the space in my shop here at home to do the head gasket job on Cotton. I just went to Mom’s today and brought the Crockpot back home. As soon as I walked in the door, the kids both ran past me and jumped in it. They missed that truck so much, it was like Christmas morning! It sure is good to have it back.

I like the fact you have additional storage options. I fully expect you to expand the fleet now that I know you have the space. Make me proud my brother!

Pretty convinced this is my favorite 60 on Mud:

1. Root Beer is my favorite color 60
2. Orange is my favorite color in general
3. I loves stripes
Your truck incorporates all three...and it's put together well. If you ever decide to part with it, I would like first option to purchase :)

Love it, well built and beautiful.

2. Orange is my favorite color in general.
3. I loves stripes
Your truck incorporates all three...and it's put together well. If you ever decide to part with it, I would like first option to purchase :)

Wow! Thanks for the compliments. The Turd is not going anywhere anytime soon, but if it does I will let you know.

3. I loves stripes

And if you knew Dave, you would like it even more. He cuts no corners when it comes to his trucks and maintains them meticulously, keeps them clean and uses them as intended. “When I grow up I want to be Dave“

We took the Turdle out for a weekend of camping and riding the trails at Uwharrie National Forest last weekend. The old truck did great.

IMG_3608[1].JPG
IMG_3626[1].JPG
IMG_3628[1].JPG
IMG_3630[1].JPG

And if you knew Dave, you would like it even more. He cuts no corners when it comes to his trucks and maintains them meticulously, keeps them clean and uses them as intended. “When I grow up I want to be Dave“

1599745033047.png

On the video, that was some smooth driving, steady throttle input. Nathan on the wheel?
Nathan didn't feel ready to run a manual truck on the trail just yet. He needs a little more practice with the clutch on hills. He was my photographer / videographer that weekend. It was me behind the wheel. Slow and steady gets it done.

3. I loves stripes

Orange is my favorite color too but it would be visually deafening to have an orange 60 I think....but If I were to do it I'd go with this color:

1599749184756.png

Orange is my favorite color too but it would be visually deafening to have an orange 60 I think....but If I were to do it I'd go with this color:

View attachment 2431490
I bet my friend that your post would have something Saab related. Thanks, I just won $100!

Sorry for the thread hijack.

I bet my friend that your post would have something Saab related. Thanks, I just won $100!

Sorry for the thread hijack.
I try to keep the diversity level up

Here is an alternative:

1599757549660.png

Last edited:
I’m really starting to like that color very much. I can’t decide on zinc chromate, factory light brown, or the root beer for my new paint.

Sir, you make me green with envy. That remains a very well sorted vehicle.

@roadstr6 , just went thru all 17 pages, 👍 👍. a year since you posted, how's the Turd working now? n if things are working in the correct procession, young nathan is wheelin' any of your stable like he grew up in them:hmm:
good on you for involving the young ones

The Turd is running and driving just fine. I drove it to Relic Run this year and it still does duty cruising timber land and as canoe transport for fishing and such. Being that I have a couple other ‘Cruiser in the fleet, it doesn’t get driven much, but it is safe and sound under roof waiting for it’s next adventure. I decided to get Nathan a 100 series. He’s 17 now and we just celebrated his birthday this weekend by riding trails and camping at Uwharrie National Forest. Nathan and I had installed an air locker in his 100 and he was excited to try it out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom