Builds The Rushing Turdle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More Carolina Relic Run 2019:

A9F4253B-6F75-4284-ABBC-1448FDEB5E66.jpeg

0D8F368B-92AD-4FF7-8ABA-F2371F890DD9.jpeg

D7EDFDB6-803B-419D-B156-2E216CE1D863.jpeg

2C7BEDF2-82EB-4E98-963A-AF204E63A78D.jpeg

9746D330-F4D9-4ECA-B17B-BC7F89650F71.jpeg

The bridge pics in your post one or two back. Where is that?
From the Outpost turn left on 109 and go about 1.5 miles. Turn right at the little country store onto Coggins Mine Rd. Go a mile or so and turn right onto Low Water Bridge Rd (gravel). Bridge is about a mile down the gravel road. The low bridge crosses the Uwharrie River. Ramps on either side of the bridge for canoe portage. Cool spot for sure.

835AB5D5-3DF3-48C2-A79E-7E768EDA9910.jpeg

I decided to switch up the wheels and tires from Bucky (FJ55) to Turdle (FJ60) and vice versa for a few days mainly to try out the new Maxxis 33’s on the Turd to see how they ride and handle. I also installed an Aussie Locker in the Turd. Clickety clickety clickety pop. Works like a champ!

0C81108E-BBE9-4B21-920C-E79155B6CF29.jpeg
FC786C1D-8A47-4038-AE9D-68CCFA2FC8FA.jpeg
C1D7DF43-18F1-4726-81D8-4F817068BF21.jpeg
D28D80EC-DE42-4823-B0F0-8D5DB496728B.jpeg

Did a little tree farming Sunday and Nathan had fun driving the Turdle around the field at my mom's house.
IMG_2940[1].JPG
IMG_2941[1].JPG
IMG_2944[1].JPG

Nathan looks right at home driving the Turd. Soooooo many to choose from huh Nathan :)

The Turdle finally got its own set of Maxxis RAZR MT's. I am impressed with these tires. They are much quieter than the old, worn out BFG KO's. I have decided to move away from BFG tires. It peeves me that the BFG tires are so expensive, yet they run so small. BFG just doesn't give you enough rubber for your money, IMO. The Maxxis 33's are true to size at 32.8" as compared to the BFG 33's that are only 30.5" tall. It's true. Don't believe me? Go out and measure yours and you'll see. The only down side to the Maxxis RAZR's is weight, and these tires are heavy. I like them though and they were priced right at my local tire store. I paid $703 for a set of four and that includes mounting, balancing, new stems and disposal. That's hard to beat!
IMG_2981[1].JPG
VEXG0497[1].JPG

In 10 years when those tires wear out you might also look at the General Grabber AT's. I've got the 31x10.5's on my truck and they are very quiet but have a good multipurpose tread pattern and they handle well too.

1572878955250.png

The Turdle finally got its own set of Maxxis RAZR MT's. I am impressed with these tires. They are much quieter than the old, worn out BFG KO's. I have decided to move away from BFG tires. It peeves me that the BFG tires are so expensive, yet they run so small. BFG just doesn't give you enough rubber for your money, IMO. The Maxxis 33's are true to size at 32.8" as compared to the BFG 33's that are only 30.5" tall. It's true. Don't believe me? Go out and measure yours and you'll see. The only down side to the Maxxis RAZR's is weight, and these tires are heavy. I like them though and they were priced right at my local tire store. I paid $703 for a set of four and that includes mounting, balancing, new stems and disposal. That's hard to beat!
View attachment 2124822View attachment 2124824
Looks great! Kind of random, but who makes the shackles that you're running? They look like the CCOT barbell style?

Looks great! Kind of random, but who makes the shackles that you're running? They look like the CCOT barbell style?
Good eye! The front shackles are CCOT. The rears are OEM. I swapped out the original front shackles to get rid of the stinkbug look. The front shackles are only 1" over stock, so no issues with caster. It drives just fine.

Good eye! The front shackles are CCOT. The rears are OEM. I swapped out the original front shackles to get rid of the stinkbug look. The front shackles are only 1" over stock, so no issues with caster. It drives just fine.
Nice! That's exactly why I've been looking into them. The whole stink bug thing drives me nuts.

Gah! Makes me sick how delightful your driveway has become.

Gah! Makes me sick how delightful your driveway has become. I can never forget the photos of your 60 manifold all sorts of pitted and you putting it back together like that... very soon later when it leaked like a sieve you took it back apart and had it machined. And this is what you’ve become in four short years. Lucky bastard.

@NeverGiveUpYota You should see Bucky in person. Dave is a very humble genius when it comes to welding in panels to replace rusted out hunks of junk. His pictures and descriptions make it sound like he just went out and magically finished everything in one afternoon. His descriptions of the work sound easy but we all know how hard it is to fix these beasts. Amazing stable you have sir!!

@NeverGiveUpYota You should see Bucky in person. Dave is a very humble genius when it comes to welding in panels to replace rusted out hunks of junk. His pictures and descriptions make it sound like he just went out and magically finished everything in one afternoon. His descriptions of the work sound easy but we all know how hard it is to fix these beasts. Amazing stable you have sir!!
Travis, you are too kind. Felicity, I am obviously the one with the sickness!

Ooh, nice stable. i got an extra 73 series here, if you want to fill that gap in your 4x-5x-6x-8x stable.
I'd love to but I find myself in a state of cruiser poverty at the moment. Popping the head gasket on the 80 a couple of weeks ago doesn't help much in that regard either.

Knocked the pollen off the Turdle this afternoon. It will be yellow again tomorrow I am sure.

56AD3226-2B98-42A0-80F8-0B94108742C8.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom