The Olde Photograph thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

where is that Greg?

I can't tell you, but I will say that, summer before last, I was rather hungry and was worried that I might expire had I not found some nutritious food...Lake.

I can't tell you, but I will say that, summer before last, I was rather hungry and was worried that I might expire had I not found some nutritious food...Lake.

Lmao... It is staying on subject.... Joni where beer came from :p

couple more. i'm sure many recognize these spots.

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

On my way to Whistler. Stopped by the Starvation east access. Looky here!!! No time to go right now though :(

image-3148464000.jpg

Ok, bring on the jokes

This was my first "truck", 16, just got my license, finished driving around in the parent's Acadian, found this thing and picked it up. 1982 Toyota, 2WD, 22R, 5 speed, Vanguard conversion, one of about 500-600 made in North America.
The good part was it got me to many camp sites with no problems, and at house parties I could drink all I wanted, sleep comfortably in the back and drive home in the morning. Had a cooler, a sink with running water from a tank and pump, originally had 4 captain chairs in the back and a table (I don't know why because they were not comfortable) but I replaced them for a full bench seat out of a full size GMC van that reclined into a very comfortable bed. Factory heating and lights in the back, and carpeting :grinpimp:
Rebuilt the engine once, drove it around for about 3-4 years and explored a bunch of places, sold it to a guy that moved to the island.
The next truck was a Toyota Trekker which was a lot of fun and got me into more places.

Toyota truck.jpg

Matmobile. Classic! Well he does have a utility belt... That Toyota RV would have been perfect in my younger days...

Post pics of the trekker! That was the first 3rd party conversion of the Toyota 4X4 into an SUV, right? (i.e. a forward facing back seat?)

I'm trying to find some but haven't been able to. The Trekker was the prototype for the 4Runner done by a third party. I had ...well have.... issues with buying regular vehicles.... This, like the Vanguard conversion was a Toyota cab and chassis given to a company to do modified trucks and then sold at Toyota dealerships. Winnebago was responsible for the Trekker, but it looked like a regular 4x4 pickup with a canopy. It was full walk thru....well crawl.... entire fiberglass back and you could not pull off the canopy. This was an 1983 model and it originally had a bench seat right behind the driver's and passanger's seats, yes, forward facing. I bought it for $3500, drove it for around 2.5-3 years and had lots of fun, full stock on 33s, solid axle, got me into most places. The rust was starting to get bad on the body so I put it up for sale and it went for $3000. I'll try to dig us some pics, many were lost during my countless moves when I was younger.

Ok, bring on the jokes

This was my first "truck", 16, just got my license, finished driving around in the parent's Acadian, found this thing and picked it up. 1982 Toyota, 2WD, 22R, 5 speed, Vanguard conversion, one of about 500-600 made in North America.
The good part was it got me to many camp sites with no problems, and at house parties I could drink all I wanted, sleep comfortably in the back and drive home in the morning. Had a cooler, a sink with running water from a tank and pump, originally had 4 captain chairs in the back and a table (I don't know why because they were not comfortable) but I replaced them for a full bench seat out of a full size GMC van that reclined into a very comfortable bed. Factory heating and lights in the back, and carpeting :grinpimp:
Rebuilt the engine once, drove it around for about 3-4 years and explored a bunch of places, sold it to a guy that moved to the island.
The next truck was a Toyota Trekker which was a lot of fun and got me into more places.

I hope you had that on prom night

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom