The official 1HDT Intercooler thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What sort of results (EGT temperature drop in F) can I expect to see with a typical FMIC? I realize there are several variables, so I'm just looking for a ballpark. Let's say I'm at 1200 F before an intercooler install, what sort of temps could I expect to see under the same conditions with an IC?
Bump ... anyone care to chime in here?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Finally getting into this. Still tuning. I accidentally had it up to 25psi but target is 20. I'm running the turbo forreal was selling

I could use some input. I've been through this thread and I think I have a handle on the compensator tuning.

At this point I have 20-21 psi max (limited by manual controller) and can barely get afr below 22 for very brief periods. My gauge maxes at 21.

From a stop and shifting through the gears (manual) I get brief periods at 16-17afr.

The problem is when you slow down in a given gear then speed up in that gear rather than downshifting. Say you slow down to 25 in third then give it some gas. Afr then dips to 13-14 and it dumps a puff of smoke.

Am I correct to just keep adding spring tension? Seems like I'll end up getting it so tight I'll have to add fuel with the main screw.

I'm currently running on the longest and deepest side of the rod. It's on the left in the pic. The one on the right is from a yanmar pump

I had to add a shim below the diaphragm because the rod was removing fuel at full travel. Could hardly get past 3000rpm

image.jpeg

Simply delicious.. EGT drop?
Too much was changed all at once. Went from stock turbo 11psi to new turbo and inter cooler at 20+

It's doing well so far. I haven't had a good long run at high boost yet. I'll probably add a fan. So far nothing over 800f on an 85* day

You can add a shim like you have to basically limit the travel of the fuel pin.

I would play with increasing spring tension and see where that takes you. Aim for 18:1 on the low end of things.

You can add a shim like you have to basically limit the travel of the fuel pin.

I would play with increasing spring tension and see where that takes you. Aim for 18:1 on the low end of things.
Spring tension and/or rotating the pin right? I'll stick with increasing the spring tension for now thanks

Does anyone else have direct before and after of the effect of an intercooler on this number in good, hard numbers?

No one is answering you because it's not a linear relationship. Eg. temp difference before/after will be different at cruising speeds vs hill climbs. And a hill climb likely won't give you a temperature difference. Depending on the length of the hill and the speed you are travelling at it may just take you longer to reach EGT's where you need to back off the throttle. Also, most increase the fuel when an intercooler is added so then you've completely changed the conditions.

This is the next piece of my setup. A friend of mine upgraded the intercooler on his supercharged Mustang, this is the one that came with his supercharger kit. Should fit nicely once I swap out the FZJ transmission cooler for a heat sink type.

I have a SPAL pusher on the way to go in front of it.

go the davies craig ones, higher flow than the bosch

Finished installing ASE series 2 FMIC. Better than their original setup. IC sits directly behind grill. Will allow better air travel through IC as oppose to older design sitting behind bullbar.

Im interested in keeping track of air temp. Pre and post IC.

Question. What temperature sensor and gauge setup are people using for pre and post IC temperatures?

Finished installing ASE series 2 FMIC. Better than their original setup. IC sits directly behind grill. Will allow better air travel through IC as oppose to older design sitting behind bullbar.

Im interested in keeping track of air temp. Pre and post IC.

Question. What temperature sensor and gauge setup are people using for pre and post IC temperatures?
racetech dual intercooler temp gauge, has two probes included

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom