Builds The Oddball 80 - Middle East GX Renovation (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You either weren’t holding your tongue just right, or you didn’t eat your Wheatie’s that morning :lol:

I get to blame my help for that but I should have checked it.

🥳🥳

What's next? Some rod knock would be in keeping with this project so far! 😂

No kidding.

At this point I don’t think anything under the hood has been left untouched.

Sliders should be going on this week.

I added some hood struts now that the Powersurge is not using that fender hole 🙌

it’s amazing how much hand wringing 80 series people do in these hood strut threads 😆

Onur is getting me some shifter bushings. This stick is way too loosey-goosey for me.

Maybe I just get to drive it?

1513F4AF-EA9B-4715-A78B-E2408906B3AD.jpeg

Heck, I think it’s kinda cool. I’ve never seen done. I guess it’s fine.

I put a new one on. It must have been hanging out the side ....

I'm stationed in Bahrain; if you are having a hard time for any specific parts/etc for your GCC spec rig, let me know; I have a LC graveyard you wouldn't believe. The one pictured is my 1994 GCC spec, soon to be imported
Picture did not post. Let’s see it and thank you.

Thank you for your service 🇺🇸

Picture did not post. Let’s see it and thank you.

Thank you for your service 🇺🇸
Its no where near your 'oddball'-- only a few features on mine that stick out (Part time 4WD, sub-fuel tank, and hood ornament lol). I do see a few of your LCs on the streets with that color scheme and manual transmission. Unfortunately, the LC in the middle east is as common as ford explorer to us and people are disposing of them left and right--visiting the junk yard I've seen them scraped before reaching 100k miles.
20200907_092645.jpg

I just added it all up. 156 hours labor and $15,500 in parts. I don’t think I’ll be selling this one.

So you're turning down my previous offer of $500?

So you're turning down my previous offer of $500?

I do this to myself.

I have $30,000 in a pig that has no fenders

No kidding.

At this point I don’t think anything under the hood has been left untouched.

Sliders should be going on this week.

I added some hood struts now that the Powersurge is not using that fender hole 🙌

it’s amazing how much hand wringing 80 series people do in these hood strut threads 😆

Onur is getting me some shifter bushings. This stick is way too loosey-goosey for me.

Maybe I just get to drive it?

View attachment 2492551

We 80 series folks don’t just just hand wring over hood struts. We hand wring over EVERYTHING. There’s even a over complicated thread on valve stems. Don’t get us started on oils or greases! If you want to overthink something THIS IS THE PLACE! Good chance is someone already over thought it for you.

We 80 series folks don’t just just hand wring over hood struts. We hand wring over EVERYTHING. There’s even a over complicated thread on valve stems. Don’t get us started on oils or greases! If you want to overthink something THIS IS THE PLACE! Good chance is someone already over thought it for you.

Yeah. No doubt but if you want some sanity and grounding then dip your cup holder in the 200 forum

Im the worst offender ever in this department. I have spent probably 60,000 on my last few projects and got a grand return of like $8k maybe on all combined lmao. It is very un-profitable to build rare expensive to own vehicles into frankenstein resto mods.

Im the worst offender ever in this department. I have spent probably 60,000 on my last few projects and got a grand return of like $8k maybe on all combined lmao. It is very un-profitable to build rare expensive to own vehicles into frankenstein resto mods.

Fact

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom