The Coleman Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mike is a cool dude!

OK, so it is a generator and a preheat cup, and it can them be used for kerosene and by swapping back the gas gen, it can then run gas? Does one need to swap mantles between fuel swaps? Thanks a lot for the tech!

Mike is a cool dude!

OK, so it is a generator and a preheat cup, and it can them be used for kerosene and by swapping back the gas gen, it can then run gas? Does one need to swap mantles between fuel swaps? Thanks a lot for the tech!

Mantles are standard size Peerless either fuel. You got it regarding generators. I initially used a 214 (single mantle kerosene lantern long out of production and rare) generator from Mike, but never got it to run well.

On the forum someone advised a standard 220 or 200a generator tip on the 288 genny body and that is what worked for me. Need to lean the mixture out do to the better energy density of kero.

Ran that lantern from 6 to 10 last night never needed pumping and absolutely sips fuel. Not overly bright but that's ok. The only caveat as kerosene is a little dirty so I might have to work the tip cleaner every hour or two.

So if you have a 288 and a spare 220 or 200a genny you can try this for next to no cost.

time to find a 288...

rabbit_hole.jpg

In attempt to help with the “limpish” wind shield holders on Ye Olde 413E, I have found a few rubber grommets to fit in there. I’ll report back after a time on effect.

F5D6AA7F-F2EB-4026-BBB2-EDC6B62EA5F1.jpeg

124A31FD-2542-45C1-970F-DA790C5DA923.jpeg

I'm interested!! How much?
So the reason I have not back to you is my friends who owns it gave it away and Just found out today when I went down to get it... so very sorry!!!

I have 2 Colemans that I have recently acquired. I posted pics a few pages back. I have a 425e that takes white fuel and a 413E that takes propane. What kind of run time can I expect on a full red tank of white fuel or a full propane canister. I can only take one on my trip and I will not be cold.

I have no idea on the propane.
The last trip we went out for 2 nights the 425E tank lasted the whole time. I filled it before we left, brought extra fuel for it, but did not need to fill it again. I try to limit “high production factor” meals while camping to 1+ a day. Less dishes/water consumption. How many in your party, and menu, help determine what stove I take. Hope this helps.

You could plug a test can of propane into the 413 and run both burners until empty just to find out run time.

I have no idea on the propane.
The last trip we went out for 2 nights the 425E tank lasted the whole time. I filled it before we left, brought extra fuel for it, but did not need to fill it again. I try to limit “high production factor” meals while camping to 1+ a day. Less dishes/water consumption. How many in your party, and menu, help determine what stove I take. Hope this helps.

You could plug a test can of propane into the 413 and run both burners until empty just to find out run time.
Ill probably just bring the propane and report back my findings. Will probably use for 4-6 meals for 4 people.

The bigger 413 is nice when more than two mouths are present, and you have the room. The 425 got it done with 5 people on that trip, but the 413 is what I would choose too!

^^^^ Nice score!! :cheers:

5 grand, wasn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom