The Coleman Thread (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

General --i like the 16 brick stove. neat idea.

my latest coleman heat source. a 3 burner

IMG_0883.jpg
What's the story behind th etable? It looks like a Coleman product.

Camp Kitchen

I have new lanterns, but have this old school camping kitchen by coleman.
kitcen.jpg

What's the story behind the table? It looks like a Coleman product.

Good eye! They came in a few styles and held stools on the inside.

AcolemanTableA_thumb200.jpg

Hey guys I'm writing an article on 'relic camping gear', does anyone mind if I borrow their pics (all credit to you of course). LMK

You got my permission:cheers:

What's the story behind th etable? It looks like a Coleman product.

it's a real ole school Coleman table nice addition to the campsite:D.....packs up like a suitcase.:grinpimp:

Hey guys I'm writing an article on 'relic camping gear', does anyone mind if I borrow their pics (all credit to you of course). LMK

help yourself--as long as i get a copy of the article.:D

so after reading thru this read i pulled out my old hand me down lantern , my parents got it with some kind of food stamp thing the year before i was born, i have the original box and the purchase order is dated june 1961, i dont think this lantern has been used in 20 yrs , it is not in perfect shape but pretty darn close, oh ya , its a model 200. the lantern still has fuel in it , i pumped it up and had pressure but i wasnt gonna try and light in the house, i might try it out this weekend

my parents also got a 2 burner stove at the same time and i think that might be kicking around somewhere ,

Do you mean S&H green stamps? Mom got all kinds of stuff with those, one of my chores was putting them in the books.

Do you mean S&H green stamps? Mom got all kinds of stuff with those, one of my chores was putting them in the books.
I remember them and others.

maybe it was gold bond stamps????........those are the ones that fetch big $$$$:idea:

My Uncle that gave me another treasure...

5415191856_dd456bda23_z.jpg

5414580971_b75589a8c9_z.jpg

5415191626_2b4fa86a74_z.jpg

It had a 4 piece glass, I will need to check up on it some, I haven't had a chance to see if its going to run yet.
This will go along with my '51 Lantern, and a two and three burner stove that we use for the Relic Run each year.
Last Spring he gave me an old Honda CB350F, What a guy!

I've been using a Coleman stove my whole life. Dad showed me how to light his when I was too young to play with matches. Still have it, dated about 1955. It's been on fire a few times. I sprayed it with oven cleaner (peeled the old paint off) & blasted it with the garden hose. Washed it well & painted it with manifold paint (fireproof).
The Inuit in the Artic showed me a trick to help light one when it's 40 or more below. Pump up the tank & spew out a stream on the cold burner. Shut off the tank & light the fuel on the burner to warm it up, put the tank on & light the stove before the fire goes out.

These are great for ice fishing. Drill an 8 inch hole all the way through (3-4 feet?). Drill another hole a few feet away, but only 2/3 of the way through. Set the lantern in the short hole and the light will travel through the ice for dozens of feet in all directions. Drop your lure in the water & the fish will see it from miles away.

i took a load of scrap metal off from around my barn the other day and the owner of the recycle gave a 1962 coleman big hat lantern..........with red pyrex globe, he said he did not have the heart to throw in the crush bin.............good for me and the lantern.......

IMG_1001.jpg

needs a good clean up and some fuel and mantles, holds pressure fine...........

Last edited:
A lot going on here...

Coleman Stove 425 unsure on the date(new tank, Old one is plugged), But at least 60's, Coleman Lantern 220E from 1951, Coleman Vagabond II tent from at least the early70's

4787223093_383e538dcb_z.jpg

last but not least... Me in my Grandfathers avocado jumpsuit

last but not least... Me in my Grandfathers avocado jumpsuit

my dad wore those type coveralls..........in bright blue...........back in the 70's............ole school for sure....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom