The Coleman Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is a pic of my lantern, it's stamped 48 12 on the bottom, I love my stove except the my secondary burner never burns as hot as the primary burner; any suggestions?

That Lantern matches your Lexo

Very nice :cheers:

Here is a pic of my lantern, it's stamped 48 12 on the bottom, I love my stove except the my secondary burner never burns as hot as the primary burner; any suggestions?

Neither does mine... You could try to make sure that the manifold is clear of all spider webs, etc., but I think it is just an issue with the stoves.

It's just a function of the design. I have a three burner stove and the side burners never get as hot as the main burner on it either. I've never found it to be a problem since I typically only need high heat on one burner at a time.

It's just a function of the design. I have a three burner stove and the side burners never get as hot as the main burner on it either. I've never found it to be a problem since I typically only need high heat on one burner at a time.

Agreed.

Yardsale find for $5

Me and Pete, had my sons out this weekend in Southern Indian's Hoosier National Forest- great times! It gave me a chance to use my $5 Coleman yardsale find mesh tent, we used it as a central area for cooking, eating, storing some gear and avoiding the bugs, which were not bad at all!
Hoosier National Forest 002.jpg

Great times had by all!

Could have done with less poison ivy though.

This post makes me want to hit the garage sales this weekend.

nice find on the coleman screen tent........i love a good yard sale find...........

I can't blame the poison ivy on anything...its just doing what is always done...growing and spreading.

Off the thread topic, but on subject with yard sale finds- I bought 2 Eureka "boy scout tents, one is pictured above, for each of my sons for $10. Each was complete with no issues. I love a good yard sale.

Off the thread topic, but on subject with yard sale finds- I bought 2 Eureka "boy scout tents, one is pictured above, for each of my sons for $10. Each was complete with no issues. I love a good yard sale.

NEVER
pay full price for camping gear, to many people pay top dollar and lose interest. Garage sales, thrift stores and Craig's list are great sources.

rusty_tlc...I couldn't agree more

I have a 1960 vintage Coleman 220E lantern. It has a three piece filler cap. The outer cap and inner cap and a screw that holds it all together. I think there is a seal that is part of the inner cap (Cloeman part number 118B1361). I read somewhere that to replace the seal you need to burn it out. Does anyone have any experience replacing the seal?

I have a 1960 vintage Coleman 220E lantern. It has a three piece filler cap. The outer cap and inner cap and a screw that holds it all together. I think there is a seal that is part of the inner cap (Cloeman part number 118B1361). I read somewhere that to replace the seal you need to burn it out. Does anyone have any experience replacing the seal?

Not me, I just replaced the cap for about $5.00
But I would be interested if someone does know.

Not me, I just replaced the cap for about $5.00
But I would be interested if someone does know.

I dug the rubber out with a knife and micro screwdriver and replaced it with an o-ring of the right size. Note, use an o-ring made out of a material that can withstand longterm contact with gas.

picked up another Coleman camp stove-----gas of course:rolleyes:----425 F un-fired with paper work inside----5 dollars:D

Maybe we should start a $5 Coleman yard sale find thread?

Last edited:
Did some more surfing about changing the gasket in my filler cap and came across this site. Coleman filler cap gasket replacement - Classic Camp Stoves - Powered by FusionBB
Pictures are worth a thousand words.

I see that on ebay there are some offerings for gaskets for the filler cap. Antone have any experience with those gaskets?
:bounce:
I noticed this stove in the side bar at that site. I have one exactly like it that I still use on solo trips. It was the first stove I ever bought.
1284498907-P1010273_opt.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom