The Coleman Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah nothing puts out more lumens per ounce than the 242/200 family.

I think the Military lantern is even more fuel efficient. But the lantern itself is heavier so a toss up. I did a run time test on a Military a few years ago and it was impressive.

I think the Military lantern is even more fuel efficient. But the lantern itself is heavier so a toss up. I did a run time test on a Military a few years ago and it was impressive.

That's good to know. I've never owned one. Kind of makes sense the military would put efficiency up there on the priority list.

Get a room :flipoff2:

JK, I love when things come together here on Mud.
Don’t know what’s HIH? In Silverton? Only one I know up that way this summer is solid axle summit but that’s in Ouray, CO. I was supposed to go but it fell on my 20th wedding anniversary. I know, get my priorities straight!

100 in the hills in Silverton July 12-17.
Crap sorry I don’t. We have so much in trails here in AZ that our members don’t often go to other states. I’m one of the only ones. We only had three trucks at Cruise Moab, and we have more than 150 members in our club.

Ok. I don't mind shipping it to you but probably would cost more than it is worth. I will not be in the valley until October. I will look on the HIH list and see if any of the participants are from the valley

Thanks for the tip. Mike at Old Coleman Parts was very helpful. I ordered the 222 generator but they don't have the generator for the 400A stove. If anyone has another suggestion on where to look (other than Amazon for $194!) it would be appreciated.

I received the generator for the 222 and it now works great. Because the generator for the 400A is no longer available, I ran the old one through an ultrasonic tank a few times. I'm glad to report that the 400A is now back to life. Thanks again for the help.

This is the best yet!
Scored this 426C today from LetGo. Fired right up after new cap gasket! The bonus was the bullet hole in the left side, with the bullet still in the stove! I guess you just can’t kill an old Coleman!

79A7971C-84D9-4B6A-A9D4-634868668F7E.jpeg

CC89D5BF-6DD1-47E0-81E9-3C385344B984.jpeg

Looks like a 200a. If so, great little lantern. What's the date on the bottom.

Mark-If you have any interest in the coolness of gasoline powered Coleman lanterns, this is a great one to start with. A good clean up and new generator and it will work for decades. It probably works now.

FJ60Cam will give it a good home - so send it to him if you don't like it.

Finally got the 426B and high stand assembled after cleaning and powder coating. The Prismatic Redwood Green was the closest color match to the green that I found on this era stove, and I looked at samples from ALL of our vendors.
The tank color was an experiment in mixing 2colors/powders in the hopper. I think it got damn close.
I have no idea what I’m going to do with this “restored” stove, but with it set up in the office at work, it has become quite the conversation piece with all kinds of people and generations. Everyone smiles warmly as the nostalgia kicks in.

879652C0-0298-4446-B67C-D156B62EBBB4.jpeg

FADF73A1-8B1D-4325-9FF6-E90157D1A8D5.jpeg

D934BD7D-DDA1-4B79-ACE7-B20E1D062D8B.jpeg

Beautiful job! I used Columbia Coatings Copper Glitz on that Preway and it's over the top metallic and a little pink. Looks like you nailed it there.

Finally got the 426B and high stand assembled after cleaning and powder coating. The Prismatic Redwood Green was the closest color match to the green that I found on this era stove, and I looked at samples from ALL of our vendors.
The tank color was an experiment in mixing 2colors/powders in the hopper. I think it got damn close.
I have no idea what I’m going to do with this “restored” stove, but with it set up in the office at work, it has become quite the conversation piece with all kinds of people and generations. Everyone smiles warmly as the nostalgia kicks in.

View attachment 1722709

View attachment 1722710

View attachment 1722711
Great job bud!

View attachment 1722709

View attachment 1722710

View attachment 1722711

That is awesome :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom