The best Headlight bulb on the market today. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there any modifications needed to the housing to install the HIR in the driving lights (high and low) and fog lights needed? Or is it a direct OEM replacement. A link to what I need on amazon would help too. Cheers

Is there any modifications needed to the housing to install the HIR in the driving lights (high and low) and fog lights needed? Or is it a direct OEM replacement. A link to what I need on amazon would help too. Cheers
See the link in post number 254 of this thread. It's a 5 minute mod on one of the bulb's plastic locking tabs. Great improvement.
Good luck,
Dave

I’m currently trying the sylvania zxe’s. Big upgrade over normal halogen, but haven’t run Hir2’s so cant compare.

If you have toenail clippers then you can do the necessary modifications.

Whats the difference between HIR and HIR2?
The type of mount. HIR1s (9011) replace 9005 bulbs, and HIR2s (9012) replace 9006 bulbs.

Whats the difference between HIR and HIR2?

The type of mount. HIR1s (9011) replace 9005 bulbs, and HIR2s (9012) replace 9006 bulbs.

My understanding is different. It is that they are different generations of HIR. While HIR bulbs are great, first gen bulbs definitely didn't last as long as stock bulbs. With the HIR2 supposedly the output is just as good and the life of the bulb was greatly extended.

My understanding is different. It is that they are different generations of HIR. While HIR bulbs are great, first gen bulbs definitely didn't last as long as stock bulbs. With the HIR2 supposedly the output is just as good and the life of the bulb was greatly extended.
That may be true, but we can't use HIR2s in our rigs anyway afaik :p

How about fog light in bumper. What bulbs does it take and does same mods need to be dont to fit?
My owner's manual says the fogs are 9006, so use the appropriate bulb and mod from diagram below.
yhst-91565365470012_2267_311973

Dave

Just installed a pair of Vosla +30 HIR2 (9012) Halogen headlights this week.

Replaced my previous set of Philips HIR2s.

Noticeable improvement since all lights degrade over time.

How much better are they than the Philips new vs. new? I dunno . . . YMMV

I would, without a doubt, go with a Retrofit Source BiXenon conversion over any HIR or LED bulb now that I have experienced how much better Xenon is. I understand not everyone has $300 to drop on a self install Xenon projector kit. (although installing it is relatively simple). If you want a less expensive solution, the HIR bulbs are as good as you can get with halogen bulbs and the stock reflecting housings, but there are better options if you have a bit more to spend. FYI The Retrofit Source usually offers 20% off sometime around Black Friday.

Does anyone know if a Silverstar Ultra 9011 exists? That website is terrible to navigate without entering vehicle info.

Does anyone know if a Silverstar Ultra 9011 exists? That website is terrible to navigate without entering vehicle info.

The last I knew Philips of Germany has all rights to HIR technology. It does not matter "brand" you purchase, it will be a Philips bulb. I run dual 9011's in all of my 80 series. That's high beams in all four sockets. I do not get any unwanted attention from oncoming drivers and the light output is both crisp and clean brilliant white light. As for HIR1 and HIR2 that is generation difference nothing to do with the socket type. I was actually under the impression that they were on HIR3 now but I'm not sure where I got that from. For those looking these bulbs can be had on Amazon, Rockauto and I've even ordered from Home Depot before.

I would be interested in seeing an HIR in the factory fog lamps, but I'm also curious if the plastic would take the heat ? That housing looks awfully small and close to the bulb.

Has anyone had any experience with these headlight units with projectors included? $400 shipped (from Taiwan)

LAND CRUISER FJ100 98-05 PRE-FACELIFT COB Projector Headlight CH for TOYOTA LHD 743755400915 | eBay

Thanks,
Dave

s-l1600.jpg

I am not. PLEASE don't plug in those halo bulbs though!

You will still need the harness, ballast and bulbs to run Xenons. Projectors are not necessarily Xenon. Looks like these headlights already have the light shields in the projectors to be able to use them as Bi Xenon

I agree about the halos. I kind of liked them 15 years ago, never had a halo light, now they seem very gimmicky. In reading the product description they seem to come with HID bulb "H1" type with dipping capability for high and low. There is a ballast and basic harness. No affiliation, just curious.
Thanks,
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom