The angry pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pictures!
Everything is a bit of a poop show right now with three pigs in one shop, working on thinning the herd and getting everything back to my normal disaster so I can get it mocked up and grab a few photos.

Extra pig parts here:
For Sale - PIG Body

Trying to get anything that looks like a pig fender is proving to be a challenge, five days of cut, fit, flex, repeat, and I’m calling it good for now.
good-for-now.jpg

Still close in the rear.
back.jpg

And the front with the front tire on the bump.
front.jpg

Tried lifting the rear and it doesn’t look much better.

front-2.jpg

side.jpg

Looks like great a/c with those two fans! But probably makes it hard to hear the stereo. Any shots of the cupholders?

J Mack, What's the plan for the tail lights, tailgate, etc. I know you're going for street legal, she looks bad to the bone from here!

Looks like great a/c with those two fans! Any shots of the cupholders?
Now once I get my heated leather seats it’s pretty much a Lexus.

beer.jpg

J Mack, What's the plan for the tail lights, tailgate, etc.
Thank you Ron,
Factory taillights lenses and housings with Federal Signal Viper EXT sealed LED modules inside like I did on the Target transporter.

For the tailgate I have a shell laying around that I’ll hack up and fabercobble something to fit in the space between what’s left of the rear quarters. The only real dilemma is what to do with the embossed TOYOTA letters on the tailgate, it’s going to be right around 24 inches wide and I can fit three letters with their current spacing. The easy path would be just leave TOY and call it good but I think that’s been over played and OTA could be confused for (Out The A$$) not sure I want that. After the debacle of cutting the individual letters and welding them closer on the grill I’m reluctant to even consider that option right now so there is a good chance that’s what I’ll end up doing.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the suggestions but this is the low buck pig and after what I just paid for a door for my other pig I’m going to have to make do with the parts I have laying around, besides if you’ve ever seen me drive you’d know these parts aren’t going to last very long and I’ll be replacing them soon enough.

Gap between the quarters is 22 inches right now, when I redo the rear tubes it might get a touch wider.

ass.jpg

Tailgate parts clamped together so I can get a visual, lots more cutting and welding. For now I plan to use these parts in this configuration.
gate.jpg

The “Toyo” is off center J.
Yeah that red chunk of steel is about 32" wide and needs about 10" trimmed off still, if you have read any of my build threads you know I'm over the top OCD about stupid $hit like centered TOYO's

Took this car out with a group of friends for two days of the toughest local trails, front tires do rub on the “fenders” but just slightly so I’m moving forward with the rear now.

I got most of the rear tubes cut off but came to a grinding halt trying to remove the rear shocks, one of the bolts sheared in two and wedged itself in the trailing arm. This took three hours to remove and try to save the arm and shock.

First I had to cut and drill out the short side of the broken bolt and hoped I could use a punch to knock out the long side.

drill.jpg

Well I wasn’t so lucky, the bolt was bent and bound up so bad I couldn’t get it to budge in any direction or rotate. I ended up drilling out the bent section and using an impact gun to rotate as I pounded it out with a hammer and punch. (Think monkey and football here)
bolt.jpg

Hope to make some progress today.

What type of bolt was that? Nice and straight drill job!

Grade 8, hard to tell from my photo but the drill only broke through where the bolt was bent.

I have cut about 500 pounds of tubing from the back of this pig and now need to plan on the best way to start putting some of it back. I have always planed on having a custom fuel tank built and have been working with Harmon to get them all the info they need to do the job. Well I’m shifting gears again, $4500.00 and 5 to 7 years life expectancy depending on how I store it is too much fuel cell for this buggy, I’m willing to pay that for a lifetime fuel cell or if it was a race car but it’s hard to justify for a play car.

I found a cheap fuel cell on Summit, Length 30in, Width 12 in, Height 12 in and made a cardboard template roughly the same dimensions. After moving things around and weighing all my options I ordered the tank and think this will be a good plan “B”.

ass.jpg

Summit racing is amazing at times, ordered the fuel tank yesterday and it arrived this afternoon.

Installing an in-tank fuel pump is going to take a little more work than I anticipated but I have some leftover parts from the target carrier tank and with some careful sawzalling I think I can make this work.

tank-parts.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom