The 20th GSMTR - May 16-22, 2011 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BMThiker

I aim to misbehave
s-Moderator
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
That's right cruiserheads!

The 20th GSMTR
May 16-22, 2011 at Golden Mtn Park.
Mark your calendars for the biggest GSMTR extravaganza ever!​

Itinerary is shaping up:
Monday
------ Registration, Setup
------ Wheel
Tuesday
------ Wheel
Wednesday afternoon
------ trip to Burgess Falls
------ Wheel
Thursday morning
------ Breakfast prepared by STLCA (bring a few bucks)
------ Wheel
Thursday thru Saturday evening
------ Wheel
------ scavenger hunt...open season! (Hosted by ACC Toyota)
Friday morning
------ Wheel
------ Breakfast prepared by STLCA
Friday afternoon
------ Wheel
------ Rock Crawling (Hosted by ACC Toyota)
Friday Night
------ RC Rock Crawling Competition
------ Photos and videos on the big screen (submit yours!)
------ keg tapping (hosted by MetalTech)
------ Matt Stell and the Crashers will be live - featuring their new album.
Saturday AM
------ Breakfast prepared by STLCA
------ Wheel
------ Blindfolded Driver Timed race (Hosted by Ga Cruisers)
------ Timed Obstacle Sprint (Hosted by IPOR)
------ Group Photo (exact time will be announced)
Saturday PM
------ Catered dinner (Hosted by UC)
------ Hand out MetalTech pint glasses (by Mark Hawley of Metal Tech)
------ Keg tapping (hosted by Wild Heaven Brewery & ACC)
------ Huge Raffle (Hosted by UC)
------ Event Awards (Hosted by ACC/IPOR)

REGISTRATION IS CLOSED!<---Click Me to see who is going.

Registration is open at the door.

You've all seen the review of last year's event. This year is going to be much
BIGGER
IMGP1239.jpg

FASTER
DSC_0443.jpg

FUNNER! (yes, FUNNER.)
32551_613725342798_46700804_34794746_1342653_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And Awesomer!:grinpimp:

Can't wait for this run. I have been wanting to do GSMTR ever since I bought my 40 and saw the article in Toyota Trails about it the following year. This year will be the first year that I will have a running rig to make it. Already making preparations for the trip.:bounce::bounce: Hope to see a record crowd out for this one. Let me know what I can do to help.

Jeremy

Ha ha . What's up Rick...dad is ready to go again!! Requesting more jambalaya please!! I caught your post sending dad the write up on 2010. Sorry hadn't made it to hang with you guys. I went on a vacation and home to Hatteras for a bit....that was my free time. Let me know if you need help planning and such.
jeff

My first LC (80-series) and my first GSMTR got me hooked in '04. I've missed GSMTR since UC took over. Just added to my Outlook to make if for the 20th. The FL guys couldn't say enought great things about the new park. Fired up!

Ok, I have done some asking but have had no definitive response from anyone, so I am going to put it out here. Marshall and Rick have been working hard behind the scenes to keep this crazy GSMTR thing rolling, but we need someone full time to coordinate this. Josh has had to drop as the GSMTR contact for personal reasons, so we either need to get someone to step up to the plate or hand this off again. I believe wholly in service to the whole, not the one. If you enjoy GSMTR and wish to contribute then step forward, if there are multiple people who can coordinate this the better! Apathy can kill, this is true in life and for the life of this event. I wholly appreciate the hard work that Marshall and Rick put into the event last year and I want them to be able to enjoy it this year as opposed to being the ring leaders. It is very easy, you can post up here, PM me or Belmont, or Marshall or Rick and ask what you can do to help. We have two options at this point put on a good event or put it up, i'll leave this as an open invite to help...

I don't know if anyone saw this last month's issue of Four Wheeler magazine, but they covered ONSC's Spring Tide Ride. I just e-mailed the contact there to see if there was anyone on their editorial staff interested in covering GSMTR. Hopefully we can make this a great event and get some press other than a proprietary Land Cruiser magazine. I have some from back in the early days of GSMTR that Peterson's 4Wheel Drive had done, and hopefully we can do some more de-jeeping of these national magazines.

GoldenMountain was just on Extreme 4x4 on Spike TV. It was the Dixie Run, but still good to see it being used.
Can't wait for this year.

Will probably be able to make it this year!!!! Really excited about it! :)

gonna try my best to make this one. Giving up on mlk in order to save moolah for this one.

Is this ride open to any rig? I wheel a Samurai and the group I wheel with have Samurai's, and we are in the process of building 2 buggies. We wheel at Golden Mountain all the time. Thanks Mike

Is this ride open to any rig? I wheel a Samurai and the group I wheel with have Samurai's, and we are in the process of building 2 buggies. We wheel at Golden Mountain all the time. Thanks Mike

As long as you have safe vehicles* and register for the event, it should not be a problem. Otherwise, the park is closed to the public during this event.

* TLCA: Vehicle Inspection Requirements

click link above for minimum requirements for safe vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom