The 2016+ LX Master Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AnyMal

no quema cuh
Threads
As I'm sure you know, the (not so) face-lifted LX is trickling in more day by day.
With the market for LCs dwindling, its only going to get more popular.

It is (un?)fortunately the black sheep of the j200 family. Albeit my favorite model. (and by far the best looking IMO)
I personally have so little to draw from on MUD for my truck, and there is of course a whole diff forum for the 300 and 600 where they can hash out their discrepancies.

I would like to see a pin or master thread for the range 16-21 LX 570.

Reasons? Because.
  • Different body
  • Different interior
  • Different infotainment (i hate that word so much)
  • Different parking brake (EPB) even to the 16+ LC
  • Different roof rails
  • Different suspension to all LCs in general
  • Different transmission
  • Different brakes
  • Probably a bunch of stuff i forgot
It may as well be a different truck since even with a year for year equivalent LC, you cannot EASILY swap aftermarket parts outside chassis bolt ons.
There are a couple of products tailored to truck but they are sloppy as hell (CBI bumpers, slee AHC sliders where you have to still cut off angles) etc. but unless theres some more visible demand and less retrofitting, no one will make products for us. With anything else its hack and slash and hope it fits.
Or like some have done drop the entire headliner and everything in it for a roof rack (RIDICULOUS).
Dissent however has a full package for the LX 600 now though that no one will buy? LOL
Its a 3 year wait for the 600 and dissent went all out? But the one that people will buy to modify and already have has nothing tailored for it? Make that make sense for me dissent.

Not only are all these things unique, but the info about anyone who has actually done anything is scrambled all over different threads.

Theres probably no support for this because there are like 6 people who own one here. But i wont really know until i ask and see whos lurking around.
But either, way, the need will present itself eventually. These model years cant be ignored forever.

Thanks grinch, i know that one.

We need a master thread for all of us though, and I'm too lazy to put a build thread of my own together to have a place to discuss.
Even if i did, the only mod you can see is my wheel tire. Everything else is hidden and low interest.

I don't know if I'd go so far black sheep. IMO, the 2016+ LX570 is a pretty exciting trim to mod and I've seen some great examples. I agree it's one of the better looks trims with a pretty dynamic look. There's more in common than not and it's really a body style difference at least in my mind. The suspension can be modded just like every other AHC LX, and we've taken it pretty far now with long travel.

There's some notable builds too and factory efforts. Reasonable templates in my mind, but there's plenty of opportunity which perhaps is your point? Make a specific thread about what you want to mod and I'm sure there'll be no shortage of ideas.

Personally, I'm loathe to master threads unless it's a picture thread. Searching for useful in depth discussion after the fact is always suspect.

Anyways, here's some great builds I recall.

Lexus Factory J201 Concept
1668716389261.png

1668716490023.png

1668716883391.png

I do agree that 2016+ LX are very easy on the eyes for me. Love the look inside and out.

Personally, I'm loathe to master threads unless it's a picture thread. Searching for useful in depth discussion after the fact is always suspect.

This is too true. Kind of the same thing though within build threads, which is why im interested.
How many of us are there?

With all due respect to denvers owner, my pallette is too refined to live like this:
Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 2.45.16 PM.png

Last edited:
Words cannot describe how upset i am about this CBI bumper.
How do you out predator the predator? WHO TF DESIGNED THIS MONSTROSITY!!!!

1668717227992.png

I do agree that 2016+ LX are very easy on the eyes for me. Love the look inside and out.

Yessss Mr. Tiger, join the dark and luxurious side. *now with REAL wood*

I dont want to name names, but in a thread linked above, someone slapped an ARB bull bar on one and people are calling it beautiful.
I guess im the black sheep... Or brown sheep rather lol Thats the ugliest build I've seen yet.

Words cannot describe how upset i am about this CBI bumper.
How do you out predator the predator? WHO TF DESIGNED THIS MONSTROSITY!!!!

View attachment 3170770

Even worse on the GX, oh god why....

Looks like a child designed this.

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 2.39.04 PM.png

Dissent actually knows how to design things it seems.
They hit the 600 out of the park. WHY DID YOU SKIP MY TRUCK DISSENT. FAAACK!

PLUS, i told everyone early on bumpers would be difficult without chocking off the twin side coolers and was laughed out the thread.
Whos laughing now?

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 2.40.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 2.40.05 PM.png

ABSOLUTELY NAILED THE REAR.

Well - personally I dislike just about all armor. Even the old school Arbs on older body styles are just giant battering rams to me. Not that they're ugly, but I have a hard time getting over how dis-functional they generally are and the compromise to performance, handling, etc.

Fortunately beauty is in the eye of the beholder and different strokes for different folks. Even if it doesn't suit my own tastes, I can appreciate the time and effort others might have put in to build things in their own style. J201 factory effort included.

Well - personally I dislike just about all armor. Even the old school Arbs on older body styles are just giant battering rams to me. Not that they're ugly, but I have a hard time getting over how dis-functional they generally are and the compromise to performance, handling, etc.

Fortunately beauty is in the eye of the beholder and different strokes for different folks. Even if it doesn't suit my own tastes, I can appreciate the time and effort others might have put in to build things in their own style. J201 factory effort included.

Exactly. Its ok like for example @tbisaacs rig motif. Bull bars work on the round body very nicely. Even the newer LC.
They do not work whatsoever on the angular '16+ LX.
The slimline dissent style suits it much better, but its trimmed out for the LC grill as i pointed out above.

Ive got a great recommendation for a metal shop trusted by a well seasoned Cruiser head friend.
Really trying to see if I can trim and plate up the front nose and rear end.

I know you're on 35s and ive forgotten how much youve AHCed the thing and you have a carrier on the rear but have you ever scraped the chin?
I think my chin is the lowest of the J200 family. Ill measure it sometime. Currently, the pumpkin still is the challenge, and i highly regret my 33"s on 17"s. Despite them being an awesome package. I want 35's on 20s now.

All that being said, since i dont off-road I kinda want to just buy the harrop blower instead of bumpers, armor and RTT.
**** the body panels, ill let them get scraped up for 550HP LOL.

Yessss Mr. Tiger, join the dark and luxurious side. *now with REAL wood*

I dont want to name names, but in a thread linked above, someone slapped an ARB bull bar on one and people are calling it beautiful.
I guess im the black sheep... Or brown sheep rather lol Thats the ugliest build I've seen yet.
I will say this about LX…2016+ looks great! I just wish the sides of the front bumper was more clean to improve approach angle. But otherwise, it blows my LC out of the water in looks. I love the LX 2016+ rear end...probably the best looking rear end of any SUV.

The inside of LX blows my LC out of the water, with maybe exception of the mouse thingy. But everything in the interior from materials to the Mark Levinson Reference system is just superior to LC.

I have not said otherwise about the LX. Beautiful.

I will say this about LX…2016+ looks great! I just wish the sides of the front bumper was more clean to improve approach angle. But otherwise, it blows my LC out of the water in looks. I love the LX 2016+ rear end...probably the best looking rear end of any SUV.

The inside of LX blows my LC out of the water, with maybe exception of the mouse thingy. But everything in the interior from materials to the Mark Levinson Reference system is just superior to LC.

I have not said otherwise about the LX. Beautiful.

agree, rear is masterclass in japanese design language
the new rear end lost a lot of character.
someone called it a jeep product and i cant unsee.

Last edited:
agree, rear is masterclass in japanese design language
the new rear end lost a lot of character.
WTF is going with the trend to eliminate rear bumpers?! Why must the rear bumper be integrated into the rear hatch? I hate that! I want the rear bumper jutting out. The new LC300 rear end is trash.

WTF is going with the trend to eliminate rear bumpers?! Why must the rear bumper be integrated into the rear hatch? I hate that! I want the rear bumper jutting out. The new LC300 rear end is trash.

couldnt agree more. Best part is those ***** put in a fake tailgate 😂
they massacred the rear end. Its a joke.

3C333687-087E-47B5-BD6A-170B04E467E2.jpeg

B1B6B9E0-2B04-4CA7-8ADF-831E2BF7BE83.jpeg
They wouldn't let me drive it since it was sold though.
Couldnt say i loved it but its better than LC.
They didnt fake split gap the more upscale eye of the lexus clientele i guess .LOL

TBH the license area kinda ruins the cleanliness of it. And no more side lights.

Last edited:
View attachment 3170940They wouldn't let me drive it since it was sold though.
Couldnt say i loved it but its better than LC.
They didnt fake split gap the more upscale eye of the lexus clientele i guess .LOL

is it just me or is it leaning too? Uneven pavement.

have you ever scraped the chin?

Not really and to your point, part of the credit goes to the early model year LX. It has some of the best angles of the 200-series. I usually worry about the rear more. But overall, with the bottom of the frame 6"+ higher than stock, I have clearance aplenty on most things.

Large tires do help more than just the lift they bring. The face of the tire engages earlier on obstacles to lift the nose. Same at the rear, the larger tire comes off obstacles later.

From this thread, here's a table that helps compare some factory angles.
1668743988611.png

Exactly. Its ok like for example @tbisaacs rig motif. Bull bars work on the round body very nicely. Even the newer LC.
They do not work whatsoever on the angular '16+ LX.
The slimline dissent style suits it much better, but its trimmed out for the LC grill as i pointed out above.

Ive got a great recommendation for a metal shop trusted by a well seasoned Cruiser head friend.
Really trying to see if I can trim and plate up the front nose and rear end.

I know you're on 35s and ive forgotten how much youve AHCed the thing and you have a carrier on the rear but have you ever scraped the chin?
I think my chin is the lowest of the J200 family. Ill measure it sometime. Currently, the pumpkin still is the challenge, and i highly regret my 33"s on 17"s. Despite them being an awesome package. I want 35's on 20s now.

All that being said, since i dont off-road I kinda want to just buy the harrop blower instead of bumpers, armor and RTT.
f*** the body panels, ill let them get scraped up for 550HP LOL.

Thanks my guy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom