The 2016+ LX Master Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Tex68w i forgot to ask you, what were the AHC speed lockouts? Did you test?

Theres “4” heights now, but im curious if you can actually cross 18mph in any plus height.

Perfect SUV: elegant design of a Range Rover (2023), capability & compact design of G-wagen, and reliability & durability of a LC200.

Perfect SUV: elegant design of a Range Rover (2023), capability & compact design of G-wagen, and reliability & durability of a LC200.

You speak the true true.

Anyone know why the CBI front bumper says it's only for 2019-21? Was there something different in the front end of the 2016-2018 that would prevent it from mounting?

I’d like to know too. Id really like to get the covert bumper on my 2017.

Not mine, but super nice build of a '21 LX. The link probably doesn't work unless you are a member of that "LX570/LC200 North America" group.

318080690_659142579005844_1131962372563474028_n.jpg

Last edited:
Since I need to bump this anyway, ill post here instead of SQotD.

I just moved and have a messy garage the LX is squeezing into. Does anyone know why the parking distance control system only auto pops video some of the time without me pouring over 800 page manual?

It will alert and pull up front camera only in some instances, and if I had to guess its speed dependent? Does anyone know what the actual functionality and behavior is supposed to do?

Since I need to bump this anyway, ill post here instead of SQotD.

I just moved and have a messy garage the LX is squeezing into. Does anyone know why the parking distance control system only auto pops video some of the time without me pouring over 800 page manual?

It will alert and pull up front camera only in some instances, and if I had to guess its speed dependent? Does anyone know what the actual functionality and behavior is supposed to do?
If you don't have the camera's set to auto (where they come on all the time under 5-ish mph) but have the park assist enabled I think the cameras will only pop on when park assist detects something (pretty sure its still speed dependent so will only come on if you are within the speed range). Or at least that has been my experience.

If you don't have the camera's set to auto (where they come on all the time under 5-ish mph) but have the park assist enabled I think the cameras will only pop on when park assist detects something (pretty sure its still speed dependent so will only come on if you are within the speed range). Or at least that has been my experience.

Thanks man, thats been my experience as well, a red prox hit will trigger the auto cam (with full auto disable bc thats annoying at stop lights) when the speed is within some range i cant figure out, and I dont believe there is a setting for this. I wonder if changed the park control sensor threshold affects it.
I would love for it to pop up with ANY park sensor trigger. Not sure why it behaves this way, would be more useful if it just always came up when that close to an object.

It’s been awhile since anyone’s posted here, but thought I’d bring it back since I just did my first major mod after tires, and need advice on what I’m trying to do next. In addition I haven’t seen many (any?) LRAs in a 2016+ LX, so I guess this will be a data point.

Back in 2021 when I bought my 2016 LX I immediately took off the 21’s and swapped them for 20’s from a 2009 that I found locally. I added 275/60R20 Michelin Defenders, which spec out exactly at 33”. I added 0.75” spacers and I’m really happy with my wheel/tire setup. Had to massage the mud flaps a little bit, but nothing too difficult.

Fast forward to this past week, and I had a 12.5 gal LRA aux tank installed. The shop is really reputable in SoCal and has done tons of aux tanks and estimated 8 hours, but it ended up taking them double that at 16. We decided to split the difference and they billed me at 12 and threw in relocating my rear diff breather up into the fuel door for free. I knew ahead of time that estimate was subject to change dramatically. Based on what I’ve read on here and what the shop told me afterwards, the 12.5 LRA and LX combo is just tough.

I don’t want to go overboard modding and really want to keep everything understated and close to OEM as possible. Next on my list is a HWM with an Apex Badlands winch. TT says they don’t make anything for the 16+ LX, so my only other option is SDHQ, which is $1100 just for the HWM. That’s more than halfway to the CBI Stealth bumper, but I just don’t think I could live with that bumper. Does anyone have photos of the CBI on something besides the J201 concept? Does it really make a noticeable increase in the approach angle? Don’t know what to do here and I don’t want a full bumper. I don’t know what the front of the car would look like with the fairlead in predator grille either. And according to CBI it only works on a 2019-2021 LX…what changed from the 2016-2018 LX that doesn’t make it compatible with those? Contacting CBI wasn’t any help either. Is there any other low profile bumper option out there?

Also could someone point me in the direction of quality slider steps that preserve the running board lights and don’t use rivnuts? I was looking at Slee steps, but I think those use rivnuts. Has anybody powder coated their sliders to match their paint? Again I’d really like to keep it looking as close to OEM as possible.

For how much info there is on Mud, the 2016+ just doesn’t get the same attention. A work on these cars is just going off based on what people have done on older LXs and trying to adapt it based on the new bodywork, interior, transmission, etc.

It’s been awhile since anyone’s posted here, but thought I’d bring it back since I just did my first major mod after tires, and need advice on what I’m trying to do next. In addition I haven’t seen many (any?) LRAs in a 2016+ LX, so I guess this will be a data point.

Back in 2021 when I bought my 2016 LX I immediately took off the 21’s and swapped them for 20’s from a 2009 that I found locally. I added 275/60R20 Michelin Defenders, which spec out exactly at 33”. I added 0.75” spacers and I’m really happy with my wheel/tire setup. Had to massage the mud flaps a little bit, but nothing too difficult.

Fast forward to this past week, and I had a 12.5 gal LRA aux tank installed. The shop is really reputable in SoCal and has done tons of aux tanks and estimated 8 hours, but it ended up taking them double that at 16. We decided to split the difference and they billed me at 12 and threw in relocating my rear diff breather up into the fuel door for free. I knew ahead of time that estimate was subject to change dramatically. Based on what I’ve read on here and what the shop told me afterwards, the 12.5 LRA and LX combo is just tough.

I don’t want to go overboard modding and really want to keep everything understated and close to OEM as possible. Next on my list is a HWM with an Apex Badlands winch. TT says they don’t make anything for the 16+ LX, so my only other option is SDHQ, which is $1100 just for the HWM. That’s more than halfway to the CBI Stealth bumper, but I just don’t think I could live with that bumper. Does anyone have photos of the CBI on something besides the J201 concept? Does it really make a noticeable increase in the approach angle? Don’t know what to do here and I don’t want a full bumper. I don’t know what the front of the car would look like with the fairlead in predator grille either. And according to CBI it only works on a 2019-2021 LX…what changed from the 2016-2018 LX that doesn’t make it compatible with those? Contacting CBI wasn’t any help either. Is there any other low profile bumper option out there?

Also could someone point me in the direction of quality slider steps that preserve the running board lights and don’t use rivnuts? I was looking at Slee steps, but I think those use rivnuts. Has anybody powder coated their sliders to match their paint? Again I’d really like to keep it looking as close to OEM as possible.

For how much info there is on Mud, the 2016+ just doesn’t get the same attention. A work on these cars is just going off based on what people have done on older LXs and trying to adapt it based on the new bodywork, interior, transmission, etc.
Seen a few people in the FB groups with the CBI bumper and pretty sure there's 1 or 2 on here with it. No one seems to know if there is a difference from 16-18 and 19-21 model years. There was someone in the FB group with a 16 or 17 that had just received their bumper order and said they would report back on fitment in a couple weeks. Hoping there are no real differences as I personally like the look CBI bumper (though I like the Dissent LX600 bumper more so here's hoping they make one for the 570 in the future).

Don't think I have seen someone do a hidden winch on a 16+ and would imagine it will be difficult to make to not look weird the giant grill. Only thing I could think would be to mount the fairlead recessed into the grill some so you could mount your license plate over it when not in use (unless you are lucky enough to live in a state that doesn't require a front a tag).

Most sliders use rivnuts or other existing holes in the frame (or better, both) in addition as the OEM step only uses a few 8 mm bolts. It may be overbuilding, but I trust the folks that do the FEA to determine how much fastening is required for a high leverage situation at the slider.

There is a slider running around that just reuses the stock bolts. I’m sure someone with jump in with link to it for you.

Seen a few people in the FB groups with the CBI bumper and pretty sure there's 1 or 2 on here with it. No one seems to know if there is a difference from 16-18 and 19-21 model years. There was someone in the FB group with a 16 or 17 that had just received their bumper order and said they would report back on fitment in a couple weeks. Hoping there are no real differences as I personally like the look CBI bumper (though I like the Dissent LX600 bumper more so here's hoping they make one for the 570 in the future).

Don't think I have seen someone do a hidden winch on a 16+ and would imagine it will be difficult to make to not look weird the giant grill. Only thing I could think would be to mount the fairlead recessed into the grill some so you could mount your license plate over it when not in use (unless you are lucky enough to live in a state that doesn't require a front a tag).
Thanks for the input. I don’t have Facebook, but would love to see some photos if you’re able to share them. I’m with you on the bumper situation as well…I feel like holding out will eventually lead to having more options. I don’t want a full bumper, but right now there aren’t really any options either way.

I’m leaning towards the HWM. Ive been thinking about it and it’s a great idea to put the fairlead completely recessed It’ll be a little more cutting but it won’t stick out…there’s already a lot going on with the front of the face lifted LXs and I think less is more there. I’m in CA but haven’t run a front plate on any of my cars. It hasn’t been an issue yet, so fingers crossed!

Most sliders use rivnuts or other existing holes in the frame (or better, both) in addition as the OEM step only uses a few 8 mm bolts. It may be overbuilding, but I trust the folks that do the FEA to determine how much fastening is required for a high leverage situation at the slider.

There is a slider running around that just reuses the stock bolts. I’m sure someone with jump in with link to it for you.

Thanks, I haven’t been able to find anything other than the Slee steps which fit the bill. Looks like Bud Built has some tougher steps, but I think they’ll stick out further than I’d like. I also think the Metal Techs look like they’re very high quality, but nothing I’ve found looks as OEM as Slee. Hopefully someone will chime in with slider steps even closer to OEM than those.

Thanks for the input. I don’t have Facebook, but would love to see some photos if you’re able to share them. I’m with you on the bumper situation as well…I feel like holding out will eventually lead to having more options. I don’t want a full bumper, but right now there aren’t really any options either way.

I’m leaning towards the HWM. Ive been thinking about it and it’s a great idea to put the fairlead completely recessed It’ll be a little more cutting but it won’t stick out…there’s already a lot going on with the front of the face lifted LXs and I think less is more there. I’m in CA but haven’t run a front plate on any of my cars. It hasn’t been an issue yet, so fingers crossed!

Thanks, I haven’t been able to find anything other than the Slee steps which fit the bill. Looks like Bud Built has some tougher steps, but I think they’ll stick out further than I’d like. I also think the Metal Techs look like they’re very high quality, but nothing I’ve found looks as OEM as Slee. Hopefully someone will chime in with slider steps even closer to OEM than those.
I think I was thinking of these
Arb sells a step which is not a slider. You can look into that

Back in 2021 when I bought my 2016 LX I immediately took off the 21’s and swapped them for 20’s from a 2009 that I found locally. I added 275/60R20 Michelin Defenders, which spec out exactly at 33”. I added 0.75” spacers and I’m really happy with my wheel/tire setup.

As someone who is switching to 20s, you got some pics for us?
Thanks for using the thread!

Im in the same sitch for sliders. Want slee for AHC add ons, but dont like the look all too much.
Would like something as minimal as possible personally and will not be doing front rear bumpers.
I like the body style too much to mess with it.

As someone who is switching to 20s, you got some pics for us?
Thanks for using the thread!

Im in the same sitch for sliders. Want slee for AHC add ons, but dont like the look all too much.
Would like something as minimal as possible personally and will not be doing front rear bumpers.
I like the body style too much to mess with it.
Sure, here's some photos. Let me know if you want me to take pictures of anything specific and I'll take some more.

I saw your build thread and I'm running Michelin Defenders in the same tire size you're going for - 275/60R20. I didn't have any rubbing or anything, but I added 0.75" spacers and they just kiss the mudflaps now. It's an easy fix with a heat gun, I just have to spend some time on it. But I love this setup, and wouldn't change a thing...I have a matching spare underneath and do a 5 tire rotation. If I had to do something differently or wheeled more often, I would've gone with the a LT 275/65R20 just because specifically for Michelin Defenders they're the closest size to 33" in LT spec. I think that size should also drop in pretty easily and will require the same heat gun to the mudflap. Just worth noting, I’m not sure the 13-15 LX wheels can take spacers due to the bolts not fully fitting in the recesses in the wheels. Didn’t see if you were planning on getting spacers, but worth checking out before you finalize your tires.

IMG_2235.jpeg

IMG_2236.jpeg

IMG_2237.jpeg

IMG_2239.jpeg

IMG_2240.jpeg

Last edited:
Second set of photos...could only post five in the previous post.

View attachment 3432485

View attachment 3432486

View attachment 3432487

Thanks bruv!
That actually looks like like very well proportioned fitment.

Im sure youve noticed that 33s on the 16+ feel like factory pretty much in driveability/gearing.
I think i may actually go that route since the Ps I’m looking for in the larger 275/65r20 are pretty much pirelli and nitto XLs.
I could settle on true “33s” if thats possible which in my case, is actually a little size up.
Back to tire shopping after barely one week online. Not surprised tbh…

Thanks bruv!
That actually looks like like very well proportioned fitment.

Im sure youve noticed that 33s on the 16+ feel like factory pretty much in driveability/gearing.
I think i may actually go that route since the Ps I’m looking for in the larger 275/65r20 are pretty much pirelli and nitto XLs.
I could settle on true “33s” if thats possible which in my case, is actually a little size up.
Back to tire shopping after barely one week online. Not surprised tbh

I think the sweet spot for the 200 series is a 33” inch tire to keep the car pleasant to drive on the pavement, but still plenty capable of it. I daily drive mine so I have to keep it usable…OEM+ is what I’m going for. It’ll easily take me wherever I want go once I put some Slee slider steps on.

275/60R20 will give you a lot of tire choices, and that size usually ends up being cheaper across the board than more common sizes. I waited awhile, but adding mild spacers also makes the car feel more planted and drive much nicer. In terms of function, Bora 0.75” spacers all around are the way to go to bring the steering geometry back in line with the upsized tires. I know you’ve done a ton of other stuff to your suspension, so I don’t know the exact calculation in your case, but somebody much more knowledgeable like @TeCKis300 can probably explain what’s worthwhile in your situation. Honestly for most things, I just read his posts and will probably end up building the mild mall crawler version of his car…but all I can tell you is it just feels like it drives better with the spacers. :)

Bringing this back from the dead because my 2018 just got put on a truck to make its way to me. Can't wait to get started on a mild OEM+ build and would love to see more of the newer models from you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom