Thanksgiving Day Parade - Fountain Hills. Let's Represent! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We are registered for the parade. We need more rigs - who else can make it? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

IN:
@DSRTRDR - 80
@Arizona Jeff - 75 & 80
@msahr - 4Runner?

I'll be grabbing a few locals as well. I'd like to have at least 10 rigs. Here's the info I have so far:

Date and Time​

Thursday Nov 25, 2021
9:30 AM - 11:00 AM MST
Thanksgiving Day 2021
Thursday, November 25, 2021

Parade "Steps Off" at 9:30 AM Sharp! Parade is expected to conclude around 11:00 AM

Location​

Saguaro Blvd./Palisades Blvd.
Fountain Hills, AZ

Description​

For the last 37 years, Fountain Hills has been the site of an annual Thanksgiving Day Parade. Once again, the Chamber of Commerce will be hosting the Thanksgiving Day Parade on November 25 from 9:30 am - 11 am.

The Thanksgiving Day Parade has become a local hometown favorite that draws spectators from across the state who want to ring in Turkey Day with a classic parade. The event starts right at 9:30 am and lasts approximately one hour. Tons of local businesses participate, as well as Veteran groups, classic car clubs, service organizations, and many more. With a few dozen floats, marching bands, animal groups, dance routines, motorcycle shows, and more, this is the place to be Thanksgiving morning!

Don't forget - Santa Claus himself arrives in Fountain Hills for the first time this holiday season at the Thanksgiving Day Parade! He is the event's finale, so make sure to stick around at the end to give Santa a wave!

2021 Theme: "All That Glitters" - decorate your float, entry, or costumes with glitter, sparkle or ANYTHING that will catch the light!

Why Participate in the 2021 Parade?

The Thanksgiving Day Parade is not only a wonderful way to kick off the 2021 Holiday Season, but it is the perfect way to market your business or organization! Get your business out in front of thousands of spectators by participating in this fun event. Pass out candy or fun goodies for the crowd to take home, or do something memorable for attendees to remember you by. Participating in this hometown tradition is a great way to support Fountain Hills and the community.

Sponsorship Information:
There are three different opportunities for sponsorship at the 2019 Thanksgiving Day Parade. If you would like to learn more about sponsorship options, please email Betsy LaVoie at betsy@fountainhihllschamber.com!

Rules/Regulations:

1. All entries will be subject to the approval of the Parade Committee. Any entry that does not conform to these rules and regulations will be eliminated from consideration. All decisions of the Parade Committee are final. Entry fees submitted by an entry that is not approved will be refunded.

2. Your Parade position and final details will be sent by November 6th. Numbers, that are to be prominently displayed on your entry, will be issued at the information meeting your entry's representative attends. If your entry is a group, please be certain that all members of the group have their position number and all the necessary details prior to parade day.

3. The Parade pace is 120 steps per minute, please pay attention to the unit ahead of you so that gaps and lags are not created.

4. Any entry that does not comply with the rules and regulations as set by the parade Committee will not be allowed to participate in the Parade.

5. Children under the age of six years will not be permitted to ride on a parade entry unless accompanied by an adult.

6. Local ordinances do not permit the discharge of firearms within the boundaries of Fountain Hills. ALL GUNS DISPLAYED BY PARADE ENTRIES MUST BE EMPTY!

7. LOCAL SAFETY REGULATIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE THROWING OF ITEMS FROM MOVING ENTRIES. CANDY OR OTHER ITEMS MAY BE DISTRIBUTED BY PARADE WALKERS ONLY AT CURBSIDE ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE. SPECTATORS ARE CONFINED TO THE CURBSIDE OR MEDIAN.

8. Cancellations (for any reason) need to notify Paige Lorentzen at the Chamber of Commerce at 480-837-1654 ext 232. Your cooperation is appreciated.

9. Judging of ALL entries will be conducted during the Parade. Judges are located at the intersection of Avenue of the Fountains & Saguaro Blvd.

10. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE PERMITTED!

11. Entrants should arrive at the registration area by 7:00 AM to locate positions.

12. All entries MUST be accompanied by a 50 words or less Announcer’s Script that will be read on the Public Address System during the Parade. These announcer scripts are to be sent to paige@fountainhillschamber.com by November 22nd.

13. No Excessive Stopping/Performing for judges on parade route. When you take a 1 minute stop to perform for judges, it haults all of the entries behind you and creates a huge gap in the parade. If you want to stop for the judges, please keep it to 15 seconds maximum.

Jeff,

check into the route announced for this year; it is changed considerably from the last time we participated in the parade

as far as I read from the newspaper, start of the parade is now from Parkview, to Saguaro, then up Avenue of the Fountains to La Montaña, then around the roundabout (which is why it's round, no ? :doh:), down Avenue of the Fountains, and east onto Saguaro again . . . something like this, as I recall . . .

which means we should probably line-up around Parkview instead of where we did last time ?

we also need to know which approaches to the line-up are available if Saguaro is blocked entirely between El Lago and Parkview

Thanks for organizing this :cheers:

Last edited:
As of now count me in.

Yes we'll be in the 4Runner. Hope we have more than 5 rigs. Come on people!

I may have to resort to inviting J**p people I know. Yes, I do.

Do you need another rig? I have a 94 80 that I could drive lmk

Yes please. How about that 82 4x4?
Its having idle issues rn :bang: other wise yes or the 93 but its getting fixed too oh maybe the 97? sorry son is at collage with it and the 72 yup in the shop :bang::meh::rofl:

Its having idle issues rn :bang: other wise yes or the 93 but its getting fixed too oh maybe the 97? sorry son is at collage with it and the 72 yup in the shop :bang::meh::rofl:
Idle issues in that it won't idle? Stock Aisin / 22r with all the "required" smog stuff?

Jeff,

check into the route announced for this year; it is changed considerably from the last time we participated in the parade

as far as I read from the newspaper, start of the parade is now from Parkview, to Saguaro, then up Avenue of the Fountains to La Montaña, then around the roundabout (which is why it's round, no ? :doh:), down Avenue of the Fountains, and east onto Saguaro again . . . something like this, as I recall . . .

which means we should probably line-up around Parkview instead of where we did last time ?

we also need to know which approaches to the line-up are available if Saguaro is blocked entirely between El Lago and Parkview

Thanks for organizing this :cheers:

I wonder the reason for this was. As narrow as the Avenue is, hard for lots of the entrants to do their things. Oh well.

I guess we'll be told where to line up?

we are bringing the '93 80, and the LX450

new brake booster for the 40 will ship out from Cali tomorrow, but I am not sure it will get here and be installed in time for the parade

Here is a map of the parade route. Our number in line is 64. This is different than 2 years ago. I'll be there early watching out for cruisers.

Parade-Route.png

This route is weird, but at least there's a parade. Will there be someone to direct us where to line up? And what time should we arrive?

Screenshot 2021-11-24 083449.jpg

When coming from either the Beeline Hwy. or Shea Blvd - turn north on Fountain Hills Blvd. East on Palisades. South on La Montana. The lineup will be straight east of the Bashas on Palisades / La Montana. The green line on the map in the previous post shows a very large staging area so I don't know exactly where they want us but it will make sense tomorrow. Again - our group is #64 in line.

Parade starts at 9:30. I will be there at 8:30 or earlier and will be on the lookout. Bring candy to throw to the kids and I'll grab some extra just in case.

This route is weird, but at least there's a parade. Will there be someone to direct us where to line up? And what time should we arrive?
Yes there will be someone there to help. We are #64 in line. I agree I like the old route more.

the LX450 won't be able to make it, sorry

we could bring the Blazer - with a bezel :hillbilly:

or the GX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom