Techstream - Transmission fluid temperature ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I can't find anywhere in my Techstream that will show the temperature
of the Transmission fluid. Is this just not accessible by Techstream????

Never could get a readout of the Transmission temperature using Techstream.
But, I got it using Torque Pro using the ELM327 interface using what
it calls "Method 1". I was interested in monitoring the Transmission when
I was towing my Travel Trailer. BTW, what is a safe temperature operating range ???

It's under the Engine and ECT Live section, click Data List and then scroll to the right as there are a few pages worth of info.

Capture.JPG

Anything over 195 Fahrenheit is a not ideal spot to be. Daily driving a 100 series, temperature range is 135-150 Fahrenheit.

Anything over 195 Fahrenheit is a not ideal spot to be. Daily driving a 100 series, temperature range is 135-150 Fahrenheit.

Seems like good advice! The transmissions in these are really stout, but either way it is fun to watch. On our last trip I was watching the trans temp on the torque app with my phone. It is amazing how much the temperature fluctuates especially as I was driving down the interstate in the hilly Utah areas loaded to the max with the outside temp showing 106F. I never saw anything over say 180ish, but it would climb quickly going up hill then descend just as rapidly into the 140's going down.

What are the two sensors? Mine read different temps (2 is higher than 1 by quite a bit) and I’m trying to figure out which one to go by for confirming temp when checking fluid level. Truck is an 07 lx470.

What are the two sensors? Mine read different temps (2 is higher than 1 by quite a bit) and I’m trying to figure out which one to go by for confirming temp when checking fluid level. Truck is an 07 lx470.

What are your readings? Are you seeing any warning lights? Believe #2 is used for the warning light.

Never could get a readout of the Transmission temperature using Techstream.
But, I got it using Torque Pro using the ELM327 interface using what
it calls "Method 1". I was interested in monitoring the Transmission when
I was towing my Travel Trailer. BTW, what is a safe temperature operating range ???

I did the same with an ELM and a kindle fire. Driving on the interstate and in open country, I never went above 145f. Driving up a winding mountain where my RPMs would get high but my overall speed would be low, I approached 180F. I read somewhere that as long as your fluid temperature doesn't exceed your coolant temperature, you're doing alright.

Remember that 220+ is really, really bad.

I'd flush all 12 qts out, replacing with M1 full synthetic MV ATF in the 98-02 transmissions. Then take readings again, it should run cooler.

What are your readings? Are you seeing any warning lights? Believe #2 is used for the warning light.

In stop and go this morning, 1 ranged from around 111-118F and 2 ranged from 116 to 142F. Typically 2 was about 20 degrees hotter than 1, give or take a few degrees, but there were times they are within a few degrees of each other. No warning lights or stored codes. Outside temps in the low 40s.

In stop and go this morning, 1 ranged from around 111-118F and 2 ranged from 116 to 142F. Typically 2 was about 20 degrees hotter than 1, give or take a few degrees, but there were times they are within a few degrees of each other. No warning lights or stored codes. Outside temps in the low 40s.

Your Temps are similar to what I observed using Torque Pro and "Transmission Temperature Method 2".
Barely got over 140 or so and typically around 115.

BTW, I did find the Transmission Temperature in TechStream and remember it gave similar numbers.
I need to get a reading out of Torque, then switch to TechStream to verify that the temps are the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom