Builds Taro, the FJ60 build and adventure. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the thread and awesome pics. That's a great story. You should be very grateful you don't live in a place as boring as Ohio.

It was cool to see the locomotives and I especially likes the big lathe turning the wheels.

Keep up the good work - I had less than zero skills when I was 21....

Eric

Thanks for the thread and awesome pics. That's a great story. You should be very grateful you don't live in a place as boring as Ohio.

It was cool to see the locomotives and I especially likes the big lathe turning the wheels.

Keep up the good work - I had less than zero skills when I was 21....

Eric
I'm glad you are enjoying the story and the pictures! I am grateful that I don't live in a boring place, I don't think I ever could. Even for a good job, It would drive me insane to be far from the mountains. It's all I know.
And thank you, I have been working on cars for 8 years and I had a good learning experience (a jeep) that forced me to fix everything possible.:doh: So I'm happy that I am this capable as a 21-year-old. And I'm hungry to learn more!

Cheers Eric!

Can you show how you attached the snorkel to the air cleaner? I'm itching to buy the same snorkel.
I have a line running from the fender to the air intake, but im going to cut a move the inlet to the other side so it's a cleaner hookup! Ill post pictures when I get to my computer.

Can you show how you attached the snorkel to the air cleaner? I'm itching to buy the same snorkel.
Sorry this took so long, worked all weekend!
This is what i'm doing very soon to hook up my snorkel, SO much cleaner then what i have now. pictures stolen from @reevesci
But when this is all painted, it's the cleanest look for hooking up a snorkel.
snorkelcut.jpg

Photo-0194.jpg
Photo-0192.jpg
Photo-0196.jpg

Bought the same snorkle, have yet to install it. Went this route with the air intake in preparation for the snorkle. But I also don't have access to a welder or the skills to swap the intake side on the 2f air cleaner.

Going to be pouring over your photos prior to cutting my fender, scary!

image.jpg

Bought the same snorkle, have yet to install it. Went this route with the air intake in preparation for the snorkle. But I also don't have access to a welder or the skills to swap the intake side on the 2f air cleaner.

Going to be pouring over your photos prior to cutting my fender, scary!

View attachment 1248364
I was going to go that route with the 62 box but didnt like the way it looked! And since I can access a welder, why not cut and weld the stop 60 one!

Really cool to see all of the D&RGW pics! My great grandfather worked for them in Salida somewhere around the 1930's.
Thats awesome to hear!!! The railroad has a lot of history behind it!

What's the word on those trucklite LED lights? Debating picking them up, how was the install?
Trucklite leds are the best upgrade you can do. Plug and play.. so install is a couple screws, unplug old lights, plug in new ones... enjoy!! :cheers:

Trucklite leds are the best upgrade you can do. Plug and play.. so install is a couple screws, unplug old lights, plug in new ones... enjoy!! :cheers:

I remember way back you had trouble with the harness right? Or were those another brand?

I run a upgraded harness but I'm debating ditching the H4 bulbs for the headed trucklite unit, trying to figure it how they compare

I remember way back you had trouble with the harness right? Or were those another brand?

I run a upgraded harness but I'm debating ditching the H4 bulbs for the headed trucklite unit, trying to figure it how they compare
I did have issues with the harness. The lights were a different brand that a mud member was selling.. Works great but I had an issue with the high beams that are controlled by a "ground switch". I will post about it here soon! But I upgraded my harness and it fixed my issue. I would honestly go with trucklites if you have the cash, if you live in an area that blizzards, get the heated ones. Because the leds dont produce any heat to melt the snow to make its slide off the face of the light. I havent had any issues in snow storms with mine yet, but I could see how it would happen.

Good job you've done here, Taro looks like he's thriving :) keep it up, the commitment you have will take this cruiser to high levels!

Thank you for your kind words, I'm very excited to see where this build will go and take me (literally) :)

My friend got a CVT Mt. Bachelor so we put it on and compared the difference in sizes. I have to say if I were to buy another RTT I would go with CVT. Great products and service.
20151012_183517.jpg

20151012_183306.jpg

View attachment 1251784

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom