Tall skinny tires (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As I said, just FYI for those who care about buying US made products when options are available. If I'm looking at a US made product and a non-US made product that are similar in performance and features I will always buy the US made one.....even if it costs more money (within reason of course). Especially with something where a lack of quality could cause a crash when made by someone 7,000 miles away earning $0.25/hr. Of course I would be comfortable with Made in Japan for safety related items as well.
This seems like we are on a Japanese built demigod vehicle forum right?

j6nSww0.jpg

Blondie thinks they're cool

@reddog90 , i know this is muddling up the tall n skinny thread but that pic reminds me of an incident with my grandson. ezra was about the same age little reddog is n we were in the backyard cuz he wanted to see papa's trucks. had 4 or 5 yotas back there n he'd walk up to one, smack a tire n say "papa's truck". got to the last one n the little rascal says "yaya's truck" "HEY, just a minute son, not yet it isn't 😤 ". it was the only one that was running out of all the p.o.s.'s back there n it was my then current wheelin' rig. he couldn't pronounce ezra yet so he called himself yaya

33/10.5R17 in a Goodyear Wrangler MT/R. They also come in a 275/80r17 if you want a 34 ish inch tire.

0316222113_HDR.jpg

Took a chance on the M/T 255/85R17s but they are in fact “tall and skinny”.

I just ordered the wits end spare tire lift bracket so I’ll test fitting it into the spare location as soon as that arrives (hopefully this weekend).

previous tire was a 275/70 so not much skinnier than I was used to seeing on the car.

View attachment 2745136View attachment 2745139View attachment 2745140
Curious to see how these have held up since you startwd running them. Any issues or comments? I feel like this is the best tire size available for my 100 series on 17s

I'm really digging the Kenda Klever RT 35x10.50R17 on my Tundra.

They look so sweet. Id love to run that size as well, i think itd be necessary to regear at that point. Something a little out of budget at this point

Curious to see how these have held up since you startwd running them. Any issues or comments? I feel like this is the best tire size available for my 100 series on 17s

They’ve been great! I can’t say I’ve put them through all the paces, but they were great off-road when I used them on dirt trails.

Road noise is more than my previous AT (which were basically just road tires), but significantly less than MT.

The Tundra seems to do fine with the stock 4.30 gears, they're load range D and weigh 73 lbs. Originally I was looking at the MT Baja boss in a 255/85r17 but went with the Kendas.

They’ve been great! I can’t say I’ve put them through all the paces, but they were great off-road when I used them on dirt trails.

Road noise is more than my previous AT (which were basically just road tires), but significantly less than MT.
Good to know. How have they been wearing?

...l went with the Kenda’s also, and am pleased with them. At the time l bought ‘em there wasn’t much choice on 17’s.

1648039386264.png

Although l gotta admit, l was “schooled” on tire height specifications by this thread.

1648039750268.jpeg

...unfortunately 35’s don’t really mean 35 inches tall,.. if l remember correctly (earlier in this thread) mine measured out 33 5/8 with 32 lbs. of air using Nolan’s (@wngrog ’s) method of measurement.

Mine are a bit above 34” on a 3ton lx570. 35 psi lately.
Flotation leaves room for interpretation. I had before ltmetric 275/80r18 and they measured to spec inflated and unweighted (35.3) and over 35” weighted.

l will try,... but somehow or other that just doesn’t stroke our male ego’s quite the same way ! 😬

P.S. they got me 💭thinking...bigger is better 🤣 !

Do ya suppose if l inflated to 65 lbs. they’d go up to 37’s ?? Like this BEEFCAKE 👀 ?

1648048243626.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom