Take-apart door hinges (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Buy a set and add the bump yourself..:idea:

I'm really diggin' this idea.. might have to purchase a set for both doors:bounce:

you mention in line with other available hinges - note that these hinges look stock.. yours are close but not quite there

not to be picky but could you get the little bump in the door part of the hinge - I would jump at a set that looked stock with that upgrade

i just take s*** apart, clean and paint it and say i rebuilt it... i can't machine s***! lol which is why i was asking him if there was a way.. he looks like he has some resources..

The first cruiser pic taken indoors is my SBC 1978 FJ. Mathew has been working diligently on my doors making sure they fit the older and the newer wide doors. I can personally attest that not only do these hinges look good, but my doors have never closed this well with a nice tight lock up. Close the door, it's shut. No more pushing it in by hand after I have swung the door shut. I like the look of the black hinges on my cruiser. These are stout pieces and are much stronger than the stock units. Plus you no longer have to pound the pins out and swing your windshield down to clear the top pin. Mthew is also building me an extra half set for my half doors so I can change doors out in a matter of minutes. This product is long overdue and is an easy install to replace your old hinges or to upgrade your exisitng hinges to make door changes a snap. great job!!!

more in work, getting better

Here's part of the next 7 sets I'm working on. I ran out of flap wheels and started priming what was cleaned up. Finish the rest and install hardware tomorrow.
DSC_0039.jpg

looks good!

MC Designs Offroad "Quik Hinges"

This will probably be one of my last posts on this thread before moving it to the merchandise section to stay legal on 'mud.

I will retail the Quik Hinges for $139 per set, and about half that for extra sets of door halves. This would be around the same as two new factory hinges and less than other aftermarket stainless or chromed pieces I've seen. I would also be glad to supply them to any interested shops.

As business smart people have instructed me, the above retail price would give me an appropriate amount of markup over all of the costs involved.

I am going to call my enterprise MC Designs Offroad and the hinges are Quik Hinges. I have a website slowly in work. I hope to facilitate orders from the site and will link it to 'mud.

Thanks for reading,

Matthew

Can you remove the door with the quick hindges while the windshield is not folded down?

reading comprehension.. try it.. ;)

that was answered in the 3rd or 4th post..

I think the wife is going to KILL me, but I want to order some of these... I've spent way too much money on the 40 recently..

Edit: LOL biker beat me to it.. :)

Can you remove the door with the quick hindges while the windshield is not folded down?

reading comprehension.. try it..

that was answered in the 3rd or 4th post..

Edit: LOL biker beat me to it.. :)

Sorry I missed that when I was goin through this thread.

Sorry I missed that when I was goin through this thread.

No worries, it happens to the best of us.

That was the first question that came to my mind. :cheers:

No worries, just pulling your leg.

Edit: Biker beat me again. LOL

... I was under the impression they were not strong enough to handle the hard doors... what do you think? .

to answer this question....I have been running hard doors with the OEM soft door hinges for 14+- years...mostly winters and rainny season...but...never had any issues...I usually would use the hard doors over the oem soft for wheeling as well.

BTW...great idea on your hinge creation :)

attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom