Take-apart door hinges (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Turn around Time

Sorry I didn't see this. I'm playing bachelor and have a sick kid while mama is away.

Usual turn around is 2-4 weeks depending on raw materials and my honey-do list. With that said, I will be working on your hinges within the week. I had to place orders for most all of my materials.

Matthew

Just ordered a super set so you should have cash in your pp account. Feel free to pm me when they ship.

D

I got distracted by the pictures while trying to find a price and info to order.

I want two sets! How do I get you the money and how much do you need?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using IH8MUD

Get back to it man! lol

D

I just ran across this thread in Chit-chat:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/chit-chat/700256-kandahar-cruisers.html

I'm one of the "sloppy Air Force(reservist) guys" (and a DAV), but anyone serving IN ANY BRANCH, enlisted or officer-wanting 40 hinges will get the wholesale price. As far as I can tell, we're all on the same team. A valid military email should be sufficient to validate your service. PM me or email me at 1969fj40@gmail.com before placing an order.

I will be back at the hinges soon enough. I had a long AF weekend and then hernia surgery since I last posted. I'm already feeling a ton better 48hrs after surgery.

Last edited:
Hi Matt
My hinges came today, well worth the wait, top drawer quality welds as well as the metal work TNX again Matt next step is to fit the doors and bring it all together for a 40 to 45 hybread conversion. Skip

Skip,

I look forward to seeing your truck progress someday. Let us know how it goes! I'm back at things, off light duty and catching up. I even snuck off to the post office today to ship more while on Reserve duty.

For anyone else thinking about these:

This last set I just sent out was just oiled, no paint. The customer is going to powdercoat them. I have had one previous guy tell me that the added thickness of the powdercoat made the fit a bit tight for passing through the slots on the A-pillar. I don't know, but some A-pillars may have varying widths of the through-slot that the hinges passes through. The flat portions of the Quik hinges are 1/4" thick. Add paint or powder coat and it could get a bit tight, but not too tight.

Matthew

the standard fst hinges can be made without removing the hinge from the truck just requires a saw cut on the body hinge .cut the door hinge and weld a metric cap screw to it and your done takes less than an hour and i have had them on all my fj40s.

Shelfboy1,

You are totally correct in what you said about modding the stock door hinges. However, if you have nice doors or expensive aftermarket tube doors or home-made half doors that mean blood, sweat and tears there is value in the security of locking the doors in place with the hinges. With fst hinges they can "walk away". Also, the fst hinges were never meant to carry the weight of factory hard doors or any other metal door. There is no provision for wear preventative bushings in that configuration. I applaud anyone for doing their own mods to ease door removal. This was my own way to fix my own hinges and I chose to share it with other fj40 owners.

Cheers.

Matthew

Finally got the fst doors back from paint.
fst hinges.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom