Take-apart door hinges (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are you still selling these? Sent a "conversation" message and didn't get anything back. Look like a solid product that I NEED ;)

Butch
Butch,
Just received a "super set" for my '74 40. I haven't put them on yet, but great service from Matt as he got them to me as advertised. Stoked to not have to deal with those old hinges anymore! Thanks Matt!

Not the quick hinges but same idea

I thought seam sealer would be tough but it worked great. Smoothed with a finger dipped in paint thinner

You have to apply the sealer from the outside and inside

1428448015342.jpg

1428448037394.jpg

Last edited:
What are most people doing with the small gap at the tub where the OEM hinges have rubber? Leaving the small gap? Seam sealer? Looks like a tough spot to get a clean application of sealer.

Great looking product!

A bead of silicone RTV. If you use a long nozzle on the tube and have your doors off, you can get around it pretty well.

thanks for the sealant ideas.... just ordered my quik hinges yesterday...

I just ordered the set from Matt a couple of weeks ago. I thinking of using the rubber for the old hinges.

Hey everyone, I have a hard favor to ask:

I need to contact anyone who's been waiting for my life BS to quit(it hasn't) so they can get their hinges.

We are trying to figure out how much we owe to pay you back for not getting your hinges.

I don't have the shop access currently to finish the parts I have. I may be able to sometime soon if I can find a willing friend, but that's a big if.

I am not so organized as I thought with keeping record of orders and am humbly asking for help.

Flame away...

Matthew

You're a great guy for acknowledging the problems. Best of luck getting your production going again.

I am extremely happy with the hinges I received last year. Great product. Great businessman. Best of luck.

If you start to make these again, I need a set of extra door hinges, I already have one set but I need the door ones for an extra set of doors.

If anyone has some they'd like to sell, please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom