1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Table for camping - recommendations?

Discussion in 'Campfire Cuisine' started by mudeverywhere, Apr 11, 2018.

1. mudeverywhere

mudeverywhere

I've had enough of knocking my dinner onto the forest floor. It's time I picked up a camping table.

I've found the Coleman Pack-Away on this guide The Best Camping Table - Professional Camping and I think it suits most of my needs but I'm also tempted by the Xylo from Trespass https://www.trespass.com/xylo-roll-top-camping-table.

Would you recommend one over the other? Or do you have a different recommendation?

It's just for myself and my wife, so it doesn't need to be huge but a light weight would be useful for trekking.

2. cruiserpilot

cruiserpilot

This one is on your list, but I have one. It's able to be rolled up. But its completely stable
    when assembled. They have one with adjustable legs, which is the one I have, and it's perfect
    for uneven ground. They now come with a bag, and set up is a breeze. I also have one of their
    cots with the ability to slide an air mattress between the layers for extra insulation and comfort.

Camp Time Inc: Make your Camp-Site as Comfortable as Home

3. TXSunDevil

TXSunDevil SILVER Star

Have you looked at a rectangular table? You can cook on one end and still have enough room for two to eat. In our camps the table ends up storing the water jug and stove/griddle. This takes up a chunk of the table. If you have a separate camp kitchen it is a non issue. I use the ALPS mountaineering tables. They are light and pack pretty small but they are roughly 55" long for the big one. The Xylo you listed I cannot find. The coleman looks like it would work provided you are not cooking on it. It is nice to be able to put your knees under the table without hitting the supports and it appears two can eat at that table comfortably.

4. surfpig

surfpig The Anti-Tech

5. Cruiserdrew

Cruiserdrew On the way there SILVER Star

So, just sayin' the original poster has 1 post. 1. This is almost certainly SPAM. Do what you want, but realize that this is highly suspicious.

But a better cheap table is a needed thing. I re-buy $40 camp tables every 3-4 years. I'd like to pay $100 once and never do anything else.