Switching Seats Side-to-Side (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys............

I have a 92 Toy Pickup SR5, and I'm wondering if (1) I can switch the entire bucket seat (both seat bottom and back) from side-to-side, and (2) switch only the back of the seats from side-to side?

I know that I have adjustments on the driver seat that are not on the passenger seat, but wondering if the mountings are the same? Driver seat is getting a little worn, especially on the back where I slide in/out.

Thanks.....

I've never looked at the uppers, but the tech to do the lowers is in the FAQ's or searchable through my ROTM link below.

I'll look tomorrow and reply if you have not yet done anything.
:cheers:

The whole seats will swap side to side if you swap out the sliders on the bottom I think. You can swap the bottoms side to side. As far as the uppers, you might be able to swap the covers to retain the SR5 seat on the drivers side, but you will have to cut some holes.

Yeah, I think the bottoms will swap, they just bolt into the carriage from the sides. But the backs will be tougher, you'll have to cut all the hogs rings in the bottom and slip them off, then re-install. If they are the full SR5 seats with the lumbar support then you'll have to cut a hole in the old pass side cover, and there will be a hole showing in the old driver's side cover.

Depending on how fussy you are and how close you want them to be to perfect condition, you could go to an auto interior shop and have new covers made. The can do amazing matches to the old OEM upholstery now.

Switching Whole Seat

Thank you, gentlemen, for your input, and the link to see some pictures. Appreciate it!!

At this point, still uncertain what approach I will take. The material on the driver's side is only slightly worn after 17 years and 198,000 miles. My goal is to switch entire seats or just the backs now, before there is a need to send it to an upholsterer.

Have a dandy 2010!

Don

Don, check your pm's, some info there. *The guy who did that seat lower writeup is pretty cool if I do say so myself.. :lol: :hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom