Swing out rear bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don’t want to install it on the inside and when I am going more remote I don’t want to run the chance of it possible hit a rock or anything happening underneath the rig. I know what I plan on doing with it and yes partly the reason I want to do the swing is because it makes the truck look better but I also don’t mind having to swing it out like I was talking about in another response on this thread
If it's a look thing, then it a looks thing. If you are running 33s or smaller, you can easily mod the current location to move it up higher. Really not much at risk under after the mod.

Not in this post! :)

Luckily, this is not a driver because living with it is a pain. You have to swing the tire out every time you want to get into the rear. I just find it annoying.

On my other 80, I have the spare mounted inside. It is more of my wheeler and interior space is not as important. However, it does take up a lot of space for something that rarely, if ever, gets used.

If you aren't wheeling the rig (gravel roads don't count) or have large tires, underneath is the superior spot for the spare.

This. Also with a swing out, plan on losing an additional foot or so of garage length, and leave space for the swing out when camping in tight spots or when accessing the rear.

They look cool, but can be a pain if not needed.

My buddy showed me a shop out here in washington that makes custom ones they are called AdventureFab has anyone heard of these guys before and are they any good? I don’t mind going a local guy of course it depends on price.
Hit up @Hojack

owner put a trailer hitch on so would I have to get rid of that before getting a swing out, should I find one that has a trailer hitch intergraded into it, or lastly just get rid of that all together because I don’t ever on plan on towing anything with this rig?

you probably won’t find a commercial bumper that has an integrated hitch because that would require tow ratings testing.

I have been happy with my Slee bumper. Very robust and has taken a lot of abuse. Split a highlander from the headlight back through the rear door and doesn't look at all worse for wear. Lots of good options these days.
Any pics of the carnage?

you probably won’t find a commercial bumper that has an integrated hitch because that would require tow ratings testing.

My hated rear ARB has an integrated, tow rated, hitch

(ducks out before anyone throws anything at me)

Dissent offroad is building a bumper with receiver but it won't likely be rated so liability will be on the buyer.

I'm in the midst of building a dual swing 4x4Labs from the kit, but it has an integrated hitch. Or at least it will once I weld it into this hole lol.
1597437990796.png

I'm in the midst of building a dual swing 4x4Labs from the kit, but it has an integrated hitch. Or at least it will once I weld it into this hole lol.
View attachment 2404164
I did the stitch together labs kits with hitch as well. I would trust more than the uhaul "rated" one that came with it. I know I know not rate, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom