Suspension parts sourcing help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all. I am planning on an entire suspension component replacement of all rubber parts of my 100. I only want genuine Toyota parts, however I am willing to forfeit a 1 year warranty of said parts if sourced through other than Toyota in an effort to save some coin. I have a lot planned for this vehicle and have already spent a lot of money on it.

I do know front upper and lower A-arms need to be completely replaced, upper rear control arms, lower control bushings can be replaced and rear pan-hard bar replaced. I suppose the main cost I’d like to save is on the A-arms while keeping with genuine Toyota parts. I don’t have a ton of time to source these parts and if I run out of time I will just have the shop go through Toyota. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.

Partsouq.com

If I remember correctly, Cruiser Outfitters @cruiseroutfit offers OE and aftermarket options.
...and, I suspect, they'd be able to rattle off by memory what all is needed.

Edit: also, there are some parts where it's better to by the whole part with bushings installed rather than trying to replace them...
The one I'm thinking of is a differential mount arm bushings, IIRC (I'm sure that's not what it's actually called)

Cruiser Outfitters sells the complete LCA with the BJs pre-installed and the front-most bushing already pressed in. I went this route when I refreshed my frontend.

also, there are some parts where it's better to by the whole part with bushings installed rather than trying to replace them...
The one I'm thinking of is a differential mount arm bushings, IIRC (I'm sure that's not what it's actually called)

It depends on someone’s tolerance of “effort required” to burn/beat/press the bushings out/in. I’ll say that there are some bushings that I’d never try again.

I sourced all 4 OEM RCA and the OEM panhard bar from impex a year or so ago for ~$430 shipped, still likely a pretty cheap way to go with the strength of the dollar to the yen. Seemed easier to spend a bit more coin than to replace the bushings, YMMV.

It depends on someone’s tolerance of “effort required” to burn/beat/press the bushings out/in. I’ll say that there are some bushings that I’d never try again.
Yes, the shop has informed me it’s cheaper to replace upper and lower A-arms rather than pay labor to press the bushings…I’ll take their word🤣😅

FYI, you still need to press in a frame bushing for each LCA.

I rebuilt my LCAs myself, for a third of the cost of buying new, but the labor is part of the hobby for me.

Hello all. I am planning on an entire suspension component replacement of all rubber parts of my 100. I only want genuine Toyota parts, however I am willing to forfeit a 1 year warranty of said parts if sourced through other than Toyota in an effort to save some coin. I have a lot planned for this vehicle and have already spent a lot of money on it.

I do know front upper and lower A-arms need to be completely replaced, upper rear control arms, lower control bushings can be replaced and rear pan-hard bar replaced. I suppose the main cost I’d like to save is on the A-arms while keeping with genuine Toyota parts. I don’t have a ton of time to source these parts and if I run out of time I will just have the shop go through Toyota. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.
I would be interested to see the total cost figure for replacing all of this as I’m sure it‘s in my future.

You cannot get just the OEM ball joint by itself. I went with all OEM front and rear. All parts sourced from partsouq.com. Rear is a breeze to install. Make sure you loosen (not remove) all nuts/balts and then take one control arm out at a time. Removeing the spare gives you plenty of room. Front is a different story!

I would be interested to see the total cost figure for replacing all of this as I’m sure it‘s in my future.
It’s a little over $4k between front and rear. To give you an Idea of my felt dilemma, each A-arm is $450 each through Toyota for a total of $1800…AC-Delco are a total $450 for all 4 on rock auto 🫤….

FYI, you still need to press in a frame bushing for each LCA.

I rebuilt my LCAs myself, for a third of the cost of buying new, but the labor is part of the hobby for me.
How was it? I was told that it’s a wash after labor if the shop presses them in.

You cannot get just the OEM ball joint by itself. I went with all OEM front and rear. All parts sourced from partsouq.com. Rear is a breeze to install. Make sure you loosen (not remove) all nuts/balts and then take one control arm out at a time. Removeing the spare gives you plenty of room. Front is a different story!
I’ll be honest, I tried to look there and I simply cannot navigate that website 😔

I’ll try again with help from one of the kids🤨

How was it? I was told that it’s a wash after labor if the shop presses them in.
I do the work myself. IIRC I did both lowers for less than $200.

Inside the partsouq.com (they'll now verify you have a valid connection: didn't do this before) enter the vin inside the search bar and click the search button.

It should then decode the VIN and will list the specs of your cruiser.
Scroll and then select power train/chassis to the left
Then scroll to the bottom and select front sxle arm and steering knuckle
Looks like each lower control arm is $329. Upper is 291:
Bust number-2 front lower arm each 37
Rear panhard bar/Lateral = 157
Rear lower arm each 139
Rear upper arm each 108
Total (without shipping) $ 1965
Labor of love
Holy smokes! I think I spent a fortune to get the entire suspension done OEM on my LC!

I have a spare set of 4 upper control arm OEM bushings 48632-60010 with me: Bought from partsouq.com, and still in the original packing If you plan to replace the bushings on your front uppers, let me know.

Inside the partsouq.com (they'll now verify you have a valid connection: didn't do this before) enter the vin inside the search bar and click the search button.

It should then decode the VIN and will list the specs of your cruiser.
Scroll and then select power train/chassis to the left
Then scroll to the bottom and select front sxle arm and steering knuckle
Looks like each lower control arm is $329. Upper is 291:
Bust number-2 front lower arm each 37
Rear panhard bar/Lateral = 157
Rear lower arm each 139
Rear upper arm each 108
Total (without shipping) $ 1965
Labor of love
Holy smokes! I think I spent a fortune to get the entire suspension done OEM on my LC!

I have a spare set of 4 upper control arm OEM bushings 48632-60010 with me: Bought from partsouq.com, and still in the original packing If you plan to replace the bushings on your front uppers, let me know.
Submitting the vin made all the difference. Thanks for the advice.

Last Friday I received my set of bushings from Impex, at a cost of $550 AUD delivered.
That's bushings for:
- front upper arms
- front lower arms
- rear upper arms
- rear lower arms
- rear panhard

The dealer was asking $1050 AUD for just the front bushing only.
I replaced the lower balljoint with a 555 baljoint.

Replaced all bushings and mounts around 300k. Just a heads up: one transmission mount and front diff (radiator side) were chunked (rubber missing). Just some more to think about after suspension arms. Every single bushing and mount (including body mounts) were dry rotted on mine.

I've recently ordered similar Toyota parts (front and rear control arms, fasteners, bushings, motor/trans/diff mounts) from Impex, as the dollar-to-yen exchange rate is very favorable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom