Surf n turf 2011 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Take that bolt that Jim posted, insert the flag shaft, screw the bolt into the female side of an air fitting, where the hose attaches, take the male side of the air fitting, put a nut on the threaded end, where it screws into the tool, fab up a little bracket, drill 2 holes, mount the bracket, install the male end in the bracket....presto, quick release flag!
Used to do this to all of my trucks that ran on big grading spreads, sadly no big grading spreads right now, But my 40 is sporting this attachment. Can show you when I see you.

on a side note, driving the 40, camping on the beach in a tent, what joys do I have to look forward to? Park the truck real close to the tent so i dont get run over while snoozing? landing lights to show I am there or not to worry, been to SNT couple times but never stayed on the beach

Oh, and running topless and doorless, ought to be chilly and wet.:D

They are are bare 5/16 fiberglass...no mount....posted early about offering those, but had to draw a budget line somewhere...

Any sand/ATV shop will have a threaded mount avail...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the IH8MUD App

The atv flag im running has a compression fitting. I wonder if a brass air fitting to npt.would.work

"Oh, and running topless and doorless, ought to be chilly and wet"

thats what she said

on a side note, driving the 40, camping on the beach in a tent, what joys do I have to look forward to? Park the truck real close to the tent so i dont get run over while snoozing? landing lights to show I am there or not to worry, been to SNT couple times but never stayed on the beach

Circle the wagons.

:D

BigBlueFJ (Kevin) met us tonite for dinner...he will have 200ish of the flags with him and is arriving Wed....for the early arrivers

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the IH8MUD App

Good point Matt. I have a link on the Mob List web page. I'm hoping we can make a noticeable blimp on their PayPal Donations.

Please donate here: Friends of Oceano Dunes - Organized to keep access open to the beach for all uses motorized, equestrian, and walking

logo.png

Keeping the beach open is a constant battle. As many of you know the Surf N Turf main camp is located in the seasonal closure area south of Pole 6 for bird nesting. This area is closed -no vehicles, no walking, nothing- from March to September 30. The current fight is centered on air pollution and dust leaving the park.

The anti- motor vehicle crowd is organized and vocal. They jump behind whatever might close the beach. The Friends of Oceano Dunes use the donations to fight back in court. They do good work but it never ends.

Congratulations! We have made noticeable blip on the friends of Oceano Dunes PayPal Donations. One of the friends called me after noticing the recent PayPal donations! :cool:

So we're working on getting someone from the FoOD out on Saturday to sell their raffle tickets for their latest prize a brand new customized white RZR XP 900 tickets are $10/each. They are just starting selling tickets for it and it will be given away at their Poker Run on Thanksgiving Weekend 2012.

We probably won't know until the last minute if they can make it so keep hitting that Paypal site. It is a huge help.

The beach access is in a critical time and we need to get as many people involved as possible.

The Mob matters!

:cheers:

Take that bolt that Jim posted, insert the flag shaft, screw the bolt into the female side of an air fitting, where the hose attaches, take the male side of the air fitting, put a nut on the threaded end, where it screws into the tool, fab up a little bracket, drill 2 holes, mount the bracket, install the male end in the bracket....presto, quick release flag!
Used to do this to all of my trucks that ran on big grading spreads, sadly no big grading spreads right now, But my 40 is sporting this attachment. Can show you when I see you.

Circle the wagons.

:D

You'll have no problems.

:cheers:

Excellent!
Looking forward to the weekend

Chilly and wet....jeeze, gotta pay closer attention;p

I am shipping out my LC for SNT and am needing someone to help me out.. I am dropping off my LC to the trucking co on Thursday the 20th. Should take 7-10 days to get to LA. I am flying into LA on the 1st and staying at the in-laws and then heading to SNT on Wednesday . My LC wont fit in the parking deck at the in-laws.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tate

The Tater-tot is here, the Tater-tot is here! WOW! Shipped all the way from GA for SNT! That's pretty amazing.

Tate, I saw your beast at SOR this morning. Didn't look too close, but it looked super clean. I'm guessing they must have transported it in an enclosed trailer. :cool:

Good luck on your drive up Wednesday. Henry's got my cell # if you have any problems.:)

Steve, you are welcome to camp with us. We will be setting up the M.O.R.E. camp Thursday afternoon. We will have plenty of firewood and booze, which should balance out that chilly/wet thing nicely.;)

I'm done

Yes! just finished rebuilding the knuckels and installing my new rotors and pads.radiator and water pump was done 2 days ago just need to drive it tomorrow and make sure all is good.the 60 will be loaded for sure.:D

Mark,i will be in Thursday afternoon as well and will try to set up camp near you so it would be easy to unload all that heavy springs from your rig.i have your beer and hope you enjoy it i will also be bringing a big bottle of Jose Cuervo for those who want something harder.Thanks in advance for mud shipping my springs and Mrlocksmith (Mark W.) will be joining my camp until Sat.:cheers:

John:clap:

Flag mount on the cheap, yes free!

(inspired by the clever air quick disconnect above but no need for the fancy split bolt)

you have a drill right?
-unscrew the chuck. (Watch out it may be reverse thread -can never remember, but if you think about the torque on the drill bit it is obvious)
- measure the thread on the drill drive bolt
- find a bolt of same thread (probably a weird metric fine thread). OK so you may need to go buy one if you don't have a junk pile, but it's only 25c
- put bolt in hole on bumper or whatever with a couple of washers and a nut or 2
- screw chuck on bolt
(if you want to be fancy use a hand-tightening chuck. if you want to be more theft proof use a key-tightening chuck)
- slide flag mast in chuck -note, will handle various sizes of mast readily-
- tighten
- presto you have the ultimate gearhead quick removal flag mount
- impress all the other cruiserheads who didn't read this post

better: find one of the numerous free drills on craigslist with busted batteries and get the chuck off that one

Important: If you sport one of these, do not hesitate to treat me to a cold one -or warm one if chilly- to toast the sheer elegance of the "Cruiserhead Chuckmount" (TM)! :D

Last edited:
See you on the beach.......
followustopismo.jpg

Me the wife and our boy will be leaving in a few hours to hook up with the rest of blue camp and make the drive on down :D

I am not excited about this, at all.

Not one bit.

Leaving the house in 10 mins

Alvaro

Me the wife and our boy will be leaving in a few hours to hook up with the rest of blue camp and make the drive on down :D
Make sure there is a spot for me! I will be there Friday about 1ish:D

Would anyone in or near Vernon, California mind picking up a motorcycle helmet up for me? It'd be at the distributor distribution office and would be a dirt bike helmet I want to use at pismo this weekend. I'll be hammering out the details this afternoon. So probably a pickup tonight or tomorrow sometime.

Would anyone in or near Vernon, California mind picking up a motorcycle helmet up for me? It'd be at the distributor distribution office and would be a dirt bike helmet I want to use at pismo this weekend. I'll be hammering out the details this afternoon. So probably a pickup tonight or tomorrow sometime.
I have an extra I can bring just in case;);)

Buying an extra tarp. I'll be so buzzed the rain won't matter!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom