Supercharger Removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What about an air bag between the body and manifold?
You can apply slight pressure and should be able to create enough of a gap to get a razor in there.

New Project.webp
 
You can try the same technique as mentioned before in this location. Instead of a bolt going through and expanding the joint with a nut, you will need a stud/bolt that is about the opening with and a nut, preferably a coupling nut (they are longer), to achieve same result. Again, use some sort of backing to protect the surfaces.

IMG_0847.webp

IMG_0846.webp
 
Deflate a basketball or a volleyball and jam it in there. Inflate it and I’ll bet that’s the ticket. 🤔 there’s your airbag.
 
gotcha-bitch-bitch.gif


I'm ashamed to admit, but the method that worked came from Google search AI. :shame:

Step 1: heat above 140*F. I used a MAPP torch, as @Irish Reiver suggested, held 8-10" away to try to prevent any further powdercoat damage.

Step 2: tap in two utility knife blades. Straight razor blades did not cooperate. I did the one in the front first, merely because that's where I found the first gap, and then the one in the rear. Apply more heat through this step.

20260919_122555.webp


Step 3: tap in a plastic wedge. The utility blades create enough of a gap to get this started. Keep driving it until the halves separate.

Success!

20260919_122829.webp


Sidebar: I need a catch can.

20260919_122933.webp


Sincere thanks to all who helped with their suggestions and ideas!
 
All that for this. :rolleyes:

Totally unnecessary, to boot. The o-rings looked new. I easily pulled the stub with a water pump pliers and replaced it with a brand new one.

20260919_142729.webp
 
Last edited:
Glad you managed to get this off. Now jump to step 6 because as the man said, "it's a reward". :flipoff2:
 
Back
Top Bottom