Stupid Power Mirror Question Please Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just put new power folding power mirrors on my HDJ8. They now fold in when I push
the R button. YE HA!!!! Anyway do I manually unfold them by hand? I don't want to break them
or damage anything inside since you can't get these anymore and I wanted mine to work when I
pushed the R button. Worth every penny I spent and they were priced very reasonable.
Any input is greatly appreciated as I am very anal with this rig since I don't live in Japan and own
a couple of them like I do usually with my FJ60's... Thanks John

Will post pics if anyone is interested.

They should work both ways and if not you can hit the button and help them.
You should hear the motors run.

They should work both ways and if not you can hit the button and help them.
You should hear the motors run.

Wow that sucks!! So far I installed both left and right side new OEM power folding mirrors on my HDJ81. Install when great and
no problems on both sides. Installed the left side first and checked if everything worked without installing the right side. The power
arrows worked and when I pushed R it folded in with no problems. Right side did not cause it was still the stock broken one from Japan.
When I push the R button again the new oem left side which is folded in does not unfold. So is this a Problem or what since these mirrors
are so brand new and like the best coolest Landcruiser part I have bought in a long time!!! They shouldn't need help unfolding this new and
minty condition!!! Don't want to manually fxxx them up....

Mine fold and unfold via the button only. No manual assistance required.

Mine fold and unfold via the button only. No manual assistance required.

Guess I should have replaced both and then tried to press the R button. So know I have the Left side folded in and the Right side (DS) still unfolded. Have not pressed the R button since I put the Right side on . Afraid that the Right side will fold in and then both sides won't unfold
when I press the R button again.. Can't believe that there would be a problem with brand new mirrors. O well guess they are going back!!!
THIS really sucks!!!

Guess I should have replaced both and then tried to press the R button. So know I have the Left side folded in and the Right side (DS) still unfolded. Have not pressed the R button since I put the Right side on . Afraid that the Right side will fold in and then both sides won't unfold
when I press the R button again.. Can't believe that there would be a problem with brand new mirrors. O well guess they are going back!!!
THIS really sucks!!!
You can still fold and unfold them manually from what I remember. I actually went in to mine and replaced some gears from a used mirror when I bought mine as they didn't work at the time. You also have to have them synced up from what I recall, but it's been years. I doubt your new mirror is defective.

So now that I have the left side folded in and the right side is out how do I sync these mirrors? Right
side glass adjusts and works when adjusted so I know that the switch for the mirrors is working properly.

Watching this, as my folding mirrors have never worked on my HDJ81, I tried replacing the switch but no change, don't hear the motors running when I hit the button. Be sure to share your results here, and post pics!

Watching this, as my folding mirrors have never worked on my HDJ81, I tried replacing the switch but no change, don't hear the motors running when I hit the button. Be sure to share your results here, and post pics!

IanB, Well I didn't have to sync them. IF your power mirror motor that folds them in is working properly then that is the 1st step in
getting them to fold in together. IF your motor is working and they won't fold in then there is a plastic piece inside the mirror that
that's needs to be fixed.
Since I put brand new OEM mirrors for the HDJ81 on my rig I just had to put them on and push the R button. What I did was put the
left one on and then I folded it in without putting the new right one on. So tonight with the left one folded in and the right one not folded in
I pushed the R button and the right one folded in and then they both folded back out. It was like a miracle. So anyway they synced themselves and now when I push the R button they both fold in and then when I push the R button again they fold back out.
Was worth every penny I spent on these new mirrors. I have the part numbers if anyone is interested. Still have my old ones that I am
going to take apart and fix and probably sell to someone that wants their mirrors to retract!!
I will post pics tomorrow morning at work. They are the all chrome and black ones which I didn't think I would like cause they were not
color matched but wait till you see the pics. I love them!!! Hope this helps everyone whose mirrors don't fold in. I need that option for
the tight trails here in PA!!

IanB, Well I didn't have to sync them. IF your power mirror motor that folds them in is working properly then that is the 1st step in
getting them to fold in together. IF your motor is working and they won't fold in then there is a plastic piece inside the mirror that
that's needs to be fixed.
Since I put brand new OEM mirrors for the HDJ81 on my rig I just had to put them on and push the R button. What I did was put the
left one on and then I folded it in without putting the new right one on. So tonight with the left one folded in and the right one not folded in
I pushed the R button and the right one folded in and then they both folded back out. It was like a miracle. So anyway they synced themselves and now when I push the R button they both fold in and then when I push the R button again they fold back out.
Was worth every penny I spent on these new mirrors. I have the part numbers if anyone is interested. Still have my old ones that I am
going to take apart and fix and probably sell to someone that wants their mirrors to retract!!
I will post pics tomorrow morning at work. They are the all chrome and black ones which I didn't think I would like cause they were not
color matched but wait till you see the pics. I love them!!! Hope this helps everyone whose mirrors don't fold in. I need that option for
the tight trails here in PA!!

Definitely post the part #'s, that's always a good idea. Glad to hear you got them sorted out.

87940-60100 Left side
87910-60160 Right side
Had no luck with the partsouq or the amayma website. They say that those parts are no longer NA. When I saw that
I called cruiserparts.net in NH cause I knew they had them. Long story short ordered them and 3 days later they are on
and working properly. Going to call them tomorrow morning and see if they have anymore of these left. Best cruiser part
I have bought in the last 15 years of buying cruiser parts. Its so bad ass that they fold in now and don't vibrate and when I
drive down the highway!!!!!!!! Would buy another set if these are still available for my next HDj81!! Can't wait to wheel this
rig for the 1st time this weekend and fold them in and triple lock her if necessary.. My minty FJ60 is jealous!!

87940-60100 Left side
87910-60160 Right side
Had no luck with the partsouq or the amayma website. They say that those parts are no longer NA. When I saw that
I called cruiserparts.net in NH cause I knew they had them. Long story short ordered them and 3 days later they are on
and working properly. Going to call them tomorrow morning and see if they have anymore of these left. Best cruiser part
I have bought in the last 15 years of buying cruiser parts. Its so bad ass that they fold in now and don't vibrate and when I
drive down the highway!!!!!!!! Would buy another set if these are still available for my next HDj81!! Can't wait to wheel this
rig for the 1st time this weekend and fold them in and triple lock her if necessary.. My minty FJ60 is jealous!!
I just found this but cannot confirm that it is power folding even though the Toyota part number matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom