Stuff you still have from childhood (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've had this in my desk since I took it from my dad's desk before college. It's at least from the 70's.
IMG_6351.JPG

Circa 1980. Neat stuff.
IMG_6346.JPG

This stuff was the best. I was lucky enough to inherit a box of first edition Peanuts books dating back to 1959. FE didn't mean anything to me back in 1982, but I'm glad I held onto these. This one is 1962.
IMG_6347.JPG

Last edited:
Ah man, I've got a bunch. I'll have to wait until tomorrow as most of it is in the boys rooms.

I still have my upper tool box and all tools I bought when I was 17 in 1977

Sorry no pictures, but:

Coin collection I put together, incl the 1899 silver dollar my paternal Grandfather gave to my father.

Baseball and football cards - 50's to 70's.

45 and 33 rpm - ones I bought, + many 45's from the 50s/60s from my folks (Ray Charles, James Brown among others).

I'd be rollin in $$$ if I still had the Hot Wheels and Match Box collections acquired as a kit. I literally had hundreds.

We have He-Man, Teddy Ruxpin, classic Pooh, really old Fisher Price toys, and even some McDonald's Happy Meal toys. My Father-in-law saved them and when my kids were old enough he brought them over.

Pretty much had to sell all of my childhood things after I was laid off and the medical bills and mortgage piled up too much.

But before that I had, a pretty good coin collection, some good baseball/basketball cards, lots of valuable comic books, some toys that were still boxed, etc....

Now I have a pocket knife, a snapping turtle's food from New Orleans, one box of comics that somehow never got on the auction block but non of them are really valuable they were the ones I bought every month to read, only valuable one is the first appearance of juggernaut, not quite sure the value on that one right now.

I think that's it. All the other kids/childhood stuff of mine got misplaced when my mom moved. My brother and sisters things made the move but she misplaced the box that had my childhood memories in it.... she must be trying to tell me something... LOL

Emotional scarring

the original millennium falcon and a few star wars guys, with an abundance of the original guns...funny I even found a jawa playing in the sandbox with my 2 yr old grandson this morning...been there since Evan was playing with them years ago...

early 70s tonkas, star wars guys, millennium falcon...its funny you ask as I found a jawa in the sandbox this morning, been there since Evan played with them years ago...

@angerhater I sold all my Star Wars stuff at a yard sale in ~8th grade. Millennium Falcon, X-Wing, Tie-Fighter, Death Star, probably every figure made. I still hate myself for that.

How do you have all the action figure guns? I lost almost each one in the shag carpet at our base house in Fort Knox.

I do have Han Solo's blaster somewhere. The full size, not the action figure. Hmmm, need to explore my attic.

there was a mail in prize thing where you send in the upc symbol an the send you a set of each type of gun and a backpack for luke to carry yoda on his back....and I managed to get 2 or 3 sets of these....but the light sabers are history

I took my old and new unicycle camping this weekend with the scouts. The original one I got for Christmas when I was 12...Still ride,...some
And Stan, I still have my Snap On top and bottom box I bought myself for my 18th birthday

I
And Stan, I still have my Snap On top and bottom box I bought myself for my 18th birthday

Mine is Craftsmen, we were poor :)

Sure it wasn't a cat turd? :)
pretty sure, it was not mushy.....and had no flavor.....
plus I designed the sandbox with a counterbalanced top that I keep closed to prevent exactly this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom