Stock Radiator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It should be almost identical.

Three core vs four core...
That's pretty amazing--with the same part no.?--Would have thought Toy would have diff #s for a rad that has 25% more cores in it.. Are there any sub numbers you know of that would distinguish the difference?(Reason being, I will prob need to replace mine in a year or two(since it has already undergone two rod-outs))

Or just that the 3 core radiator was superseded by the 4 core radiator. So they only list the 4 core as a replacement..

^that stands to reason^

The actual original radiator part #16400-61020 was superseded with #16400-49356.

I have a 73 and need to replace the original radiator, any direction, I looked at Advanced and they have a replacement. I would like to know where the best place to go for OWE replacement, or close to it.

Three core vs four core...
Alright, question of the decade, and I'm asking here because my radiator is literally in the tank right now...

I have a good shape OEM 3-core 1971 FJ40 radiator, at the shop getting tanked, will be rodded and sealed up tomorrow. It will be serving a 3FE that I'm swapping to...should I have them recore it to a 4 core, or leave it the three that it is? the FJ62 radiator was a bit wider, I just assumed the 71' version would be fine...but now I doubt..

to note... I do have AC, as well as a PS cooler, so those do take up some real estate (and heat soak) infront of the radiator...

Matt

Except the 3FE radiator is pulling double duty...auto tranny cooler..which I won't need. Always plusses and minuses.

I suppose I'll spring for the 4 core, sure beats reworking the support frame to fit the bigger unit.

So is it safe to assume that a 75-84 radiator will fit into my 74 radiator supports? Having to replace mine as well.

Don't know what the difference would be between '74 and '75, but this lists part #16400-61020 as fitting '75 to '80: TOYOTA LAND CRUISER 40 45 55 FJ40LV-KCJ - TOOL-ENGINE-FUEL - RADIATOR WATER OUTLET | Japan Parts EU

Toyotapartszone.com lists that part # to fit '75 to '84 : 16400-61020 - Genuine Toyota RADIATOR ASSY, and it being available for $287.29.
The first link takes you to a parts place that doesn't recognize the FJ 40 ID numbers--they think it has to be 17 digits long------maybe I'm missing something?-I can't seem to get to the same page you had linked

The first link takes you to a parts place that doesn't recognize the FJ 40 ID numbers--they think it has to be 17 digits long------maybe I'm missing something?-I can't seem to get to the same page you had linked

I don't use the VIN # search, if you click on each category, it has a drop down menu for you to choose from to come up with your vehicle...start with "Toyota", then just to the right of that click on "Market", choose your market (North Amerika, General, etc.), then to the right of that choose your "Year", and go on down the line. Hope this helps!

:cheers:
Skip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom