Stock bumper paint colour? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I received my new OEM bumper and I am trying to match the paint as close as I can for new bolts and another bumper that I have repaired. I have been through everything I could find here on mud but have not come up with a solution. The 145 code, I was told at Lordco, is real close to the Platickote 1052 so I tried it on a bolt. The picture doesn't show it real well but it is quite a bit darker. I tried the colour match computer on my glove box door a while back at Lordco and it was quite a bit darker than it is supposed to be as well.
Bumper bolt.JPG
I have also seen code 122 mentioned as well as Ash Grey metallic and GM 7181? I have considered getting it from one of the usual US suppliers but not sure about bringing it back across the border with the different VOC regs here, and is it going to be right? There is probably a Plastikote colour that is very close, has anybody else had success finding a match? I am just trying to avoid getting a bunch more paint that I am not going to be able to use:bang:. Open to suggestions.

Thanks

Thanks Steve. Hadn't found that thread. The CCOT stuff looks like a good match but still hoping to find a Canadian paint code.

Is this for a FJ45? If so, post this same question in the 40/55 section, some of these guys
know the numbers cold.

Is this for a FJ45? If so, post this same question in the 40/55 section, some of these guys
know the numbers cold.
Thanks cruiserpilot. I think that will be my next move if I don't get a more local answer before I need to get some painting done.
Why do mine look more gold than grey?View attachment 1411713
I've never seen that colour before. Must of been painted or some special edition, unless of course it's real gold ;) Looks like you still have traces of snow down there?

I have two 40s both came with that colour bumper ones a 78 the other 81 and it looks to be the original paint. That colour dosent match the glove box grey. I had no idea the bumper was supposed to be the same paint till your post.

I thought the bumper was supposed to match the bezel? Maybe not. Or is the bezel the same white as the roof? I don't know...

jb auto can paint match and make paint for you, its awesome

I thought the bumper was supposed to match the bezel? Maybe not. Or is the bezel the same white as the roof? I don't know...
The bumper is supposed to match the glove box door, instrument cluster and mirrors. The head light bezel roof and the tailgate lettering are white.
jb auto can paint match and make paint for you, its awesome
Lordco is supposed to be able to match paint too but they tell you up front that it won't be exact. I've tried the Dune beige, which was off a little and the silver pewter which was off a lot. You don't have a paint code from a can of well matched silver pewter that you've used by chance?

I got some to do touch ups on the body and its dead on, they do great work

Yeah we do still have a bit of snow! it's been a real winter here for once haha nothing like up there though. I have to do a winter trip to the interior every year just to get my fill. Tried ice fishing this year for the first time!
IMG_1299.JPG

Yeah we do still have a bit of snow! it's been a real winter here for once haha nothing like up there though. I have to do a winter trip to the interior every year just to get my fill. Tried ice fishing this year for the first time!View attachment 1412003

Just hatched by the looks of it :)

So you're saying it's not tremclad black?
My first Cruiser was an 67 LV, painted it with a paint brush back in 1980. Even then I was going for a stock colour! I can't help it :meh:
67 FJ45LV.jpg

Some good info and some cool old videos but no code for the bumper etc. Thanks for the research.

Thanks for the research and replies. Went to a auto body supplies outfit here in PG today and found a colour that is reasonably close using their colour match computer. Not exact but I think I will be going with this one.
paint match 1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom